Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Mar 22, 2006, 6:54 PM   #1

well another memory card bit the dust so its gonna be reitred to the pile of junk sorry my camera is outdated and no one had reply to my previous pne

memory card goes to format and stays thatway? hope no one elese falls into the same trouble I had

1 pc had nothing to do with it

2 other cards were near the same age

and were newer then this one for sure/

thanx in advance
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2006, 7:18 PM   #2

What have you selected as a replacement, fishy? Perhaps an Olympus SP-350?

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 2:30 PM   #3

are you giving it for free??? my D460Z broke 2 weeks ago and i miss it.
ltcdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 2:51 PM   #4

No, I am not making that offer. The Olympus SP 310 and 350 have received good reviews at dpreview. A SP-310 is selling for about $180 right now.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 5:07 PM   #5

thank you for your Concerns guys and gals

Mt as my replacement for my Major camera use would be something newer. I do not know for sure what I want, 5x optical to start.

the sp series looks like 3x optical, and it has an external lens adaptor

that's a start? I wonderr what would be the optical with one? that would sell me faster on it. And also what type of batt's so used to 4aa systems.

I looked at in the stores. trying to get my hands on some models, ifworking for starters, or th croud pushing me out of the way etc. casio kodack canon etc. not liking no view finder. so possably the canon elhi2 but i am not rushing , no trips and I have some other cards still working before it gives up soon.

Itc.

I am not selling , nor giving mine away. the compact card are being perently placed in a format stage, and locked. it is the camera or card that is counting down to its grave.

I have my hybrids the Aiptek, but its not a major digital camera machro is needed, and optical zoom as well

I was told 4 meg 5x optical vid andsound is all one ever needs.

thanks again a

and I am open to more suggestions.

body style was nice on the sp

I think a T shirt pocket camera would be nice big view screen the viewer should be optical not lcd and alow no lcd for shots

Old Apr 13, 2006, 7:20 PM   #6

I have had the same problem using an Olympus D390Z. The camera was sorking fine and suddenly would not read the memory card with the following coming up on the screen. "Error on card", and that was the end of it. Two cards did the same thing. One was an Olympus 64mb card and the other was a SanDisk, 64 mb. After that the cards are useless. I am now afraid to buy another card for the same thing may happen to it. I am using the 16mb card that came with the camera back about December 2000. I have not retired it but almost. Another problem I am haivng is getting true color with the D-490Z and an Ollympus C-365. I took some pictures of a Columbine with is a violet color and both cameras saw it as a bright blue. Do you have any suggestions to cure this problem?

wmeddley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 6:00 PM   #7

sorry I do not. but I am in the process of elimination. i want digital camera, and movie mode

the 510 530 models there are about three and i am leaning real heay in that direction

casio is a toy, kodak the same

I need a optical view finder, and higher zoom 3x optical leads me in a bad situation. while

other brands show 10-12 optical, but all are lcd, and li-on at least I can Purchase additional lens for these and forced to purchase a barral .

would love to see samples but no one so far wants to answer? thank you in advvance