Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 5, 2003, 10:35 PM   #1

Default Panasonic DMZ-FC1 or Olympus C-2100UZ?

I am about to purchase my very first digital camera. (To be honest the last camera I purchased was the Oly IS-1 SLR - so I am not very knowledgeable about cameras at ALL - but I am willing to learn!!.)

In any case, I have researched my little heart out for the past year and it seems that the digital camera that will best suit my needs is one of the two above. I love the zoom and the image stabilization these two have - and they both fit within my budget price-wise.
(For a time, I lusted for the Oly C-7XX series - but no image stabilization is available on them so I X-ed them off the wish list).

Here's is my ONLY dilemma:
Price wise and zoom wise, the Panasonic is the better choice...but....

The Panasonic has no threads to screw any filters, or extra lenses onto - so how does one put filters on the thing? I keep reading that its little hood thing fits on "bayonet style". Ummm... what IS bayonet style? And can one somehow make filters and lenses go on the camera bayonet style? I would not dare risk any camera's lense by not, at the very least, providing it with a UV filter. SO, can I somehow make this camera accept attachement to the lense?

Please forgive my ignorance on the above subject and please don't laugh at me for asking it, OK?

Thank you so much for your time and your sincere responses.

Regards,
~Tiger
TigerLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2003, 5:04 PM   #2
lg

Check the replies to your identical post in another forum. Another member and I have replied to it there.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2003, 7:39 PM   #3

Thank you, I did.

Regards,
~Tiger
TigerLady is offline   Reply With Quote