Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 19, 2006, 2:08 AM   #1

ok, i've only took preliminary test, about 3 movies all over 1 minute long (up to 6 minutes), and so far so good, no errors, and yes the camera's movie mode is set at mpeg4 with sound. charging up batts now to do further test but will be leaving for vacation tomorrow. i hope to return from my miami vacation with glorious mpeg4 movies.

ok, time to let Olympus USA know about this solution. maybe they'll let us 770 owners trade in our old M-type cards for the faster H-types.

btw, Fry's Electronics had the 1 gig H cards for $49 and their website, www.outpost.com, has them for $44.99 plus shipping.
ChumsGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2006, 9:10 AM   #2

So, what's the story? Does the xD H1GB support MPEG4 with audio in the C-770? The Olympus web site statesthe "C-770 Ultra Zoom will have Movie mode support with this card." It doesn't say anything about MPEG4 + Audio...

I just called Olympus tech support (1-888-553-4448 Mon-Fri 8am-10pm ET) and the guy said "Uhh, yeah... just go and buy the 512Meg regular xD card"...)

Has anyone actually tried the H1GB shooting an MPEG4 for more than1 min?

Kind regards,

Iestyn
iguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2006, 11:36 AM   #3

UPDATE: This Olympus site in Japan shows that the C-770 is fully compatible with the type H xD cards. Type M xD cards do not support MPEG4 with audio enabled. See here: http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/.../di000374e.cfm

Regards,

Iestyn
iguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:17 AM   #4

I guest is quite correct. Some of the calls we get are issues specifically pertaining to M type cards and use of the movie mode on C series and other cameras and that is an known issue.
OlympusTSrep1 is offline   Reply With Quote