Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 18, 2003, 11:10 PM   #1

Default Question about the D-550

I was just wondering if any one who owns a D-550 has noticed very grainy pics, I read reviews at Cnet and there were some complaints. I would like to buy one for a family member, but want to make sure that this isnt a problem.
djkothbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2003, 7:52 PM   #2

Default Re: Question about the D-550

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkothbauer
I was just wondering if any one who owns a D-550 has noticed very grainy pics, I read reviews at Cnet and there were some complaints. I would like to buy one for a family member, but want to make sure that this isnt a problem.
I have this camera and really love it. I have taken hundreds of pictures and have found out that they are better than the SLR camera. No grain here !!!
twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2003, 8:01 PM   #3

Thanks a lot for the reply. I ended up buying the D-560 for my brother, and I was dissapointed that they took all the manual controls out.

What is in store for future Olympus compact digital cameras? Why ditch all the options?
djkothbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2003, 8:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkothbauer
Thanks a lot for the reply. I ended up buying the D-560 for my brother, and I was dissapointed that they took all the manual controls out.

What is in store for future Olympus compact digital cameras? Why ditch all the options?
I sure liked my camera. The only thing I found was that the flash was a little weak in a distance shot. But other than that it is real nice.
twigs is offline   Reply With Quote