Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 1, 2006, 10:33 AM   #1

Hello all,

I have a problem with an Olympus C750: it won't start. When pressing the red "power" button nothing happens.
The batteries are ok. It happened kind of sudden, after replacing empty batteries with "full" ones. I have 2 sets and I used both of them lots of times (>20 times for each). So it's not that I use wrong batteries.
Does anyone have an ideea what can I do?

Thanks a lot,
Nicu

nicu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2006, 12:45 PM   #2
Administrator

I have on a number of occassions found myself inserting the batteries the wrong way ??? Did you check them carefully?
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 1:11 PM   #3

steve wrote:
Quote:
I have on a number of occassions found myself inserting the batteries the wrong way ??? Did you check them carefully?
Yes, I checked this; I used them in the right way. I tried also with some normal batteries (not rechargeable; alkaline 1.5V): still no effect when pressing power.
I received some advice to let it "rest" for some days without any batteries inside and try it again; I let it rest for 11 days and then tried it; still nothing.
Thanks anyway.
Maybe someone else has another suggestion ?
Old May 1, 2006, 4:46 PM   #4

I think this same happened to my C-750 in the beginning of this year. The camera seems to be dead. No idea what might have caused it.

-bbt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 8:58 PM   #5

steve wrote:
Quote:
can this seriously damage a camera? i did this a couple of times but my camera works fine. I always check this carefully now tho. Digital is fun but it is taking me some getting used to.

nicu, sorry to hear about your cam. can it be repaired?

yasmin

Aphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 2:28 PM   #6

Aphrodite wrote:
Quote:
nicu, sorry to hear about your cam. can it be repaired?
I hope so and also that the repair cost is not bigger than its' price now :lol:
Nevertheless, it's strange that I can't find someone having the same experience.
I was anyway having my eyes on the nikon d50; this is a really good excuse to put also my hands on it
Hopefully it's more robust. :ak47:

Old May 5, 2006, 3:04 PM   #7

this is the trouble these days, it is now less expensive to replace something than it is to get it fixed.

iam fairly new to digital photography and only have a 4mp point and shoot. I too have been looking at the nikons. i like the look of the D70s but i'm not sure yet. it would be nice to have a set of nice lenses too.

good luck!

~Yasmin~
Aphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 2:46 PM   #8

"I was anyway having my eyes on the nikon d50; this is a really good excuse to put also my hands on it."

That's what I did Still I wish my C-750 would be in working condition. There weren't many problems, but it had many very nice features. DSLRs are more versatile, but it costs quite a bit.

-bbt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 1:37 PM   #9

If there is nothing at all show up then open it up. There might be a lose wire in there. I fixed two camcoder so far with the same problem. If it turn on and then off, you might have a bigger problem.
duythanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 11:12 PM   #10

There is a defect in the sensor and LCD of the camera. Your camera is likely to be part of the recall. Olympus will likely cover the cost of the repair and the cost of shipping may also be covered. Just call up Olympus Technical support and see if your C750 serial number falls into the recall list and you can get Customer Service from there to negotiate the details of the repair.
Olympus Technical support
OlympusTSrep1 is offline   Reply With Quote