Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 9, 2002, 12:43 AM   #1

Default Camedia Master 4.0

Just curious what is new in Camedia version 4.0 compared to 2.5. Anyone using it? I've read here that it is available, but don't see it listed on the Olympus web site. How does one order it?

Also, will a card reader let you copy pictures back onto a memory card, or just take them off? Thamnks,

Bill
bill spurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2002, 7:47 AM   #2
Cam

Can't help you with Camedia 4.0, sorry.

I just bought a card reader after many month plugging and unplugging my camera (C-2100UZ) from the computer. Yes, it is much better and you can read and write to the card (most card readers do this, not all). You can also toss Camedia out the window (I just uninstalled today!!).

Hope that helps.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2002, 9:31 AM   #3

Bill,
Got the 4.0 PRO from Olympus, I agree with cam on the use of card reader instead of Camedia for downloading pics. Kind of crazy to have camera on desk while distracted looking at new pics. 4.0 pro has all features of 2.5, but that is only small part of program. Printing multiple pics on single sheet of Paper, Auto stitching panorama shots, many different print options, very easy to use. just to much to list. Feel it was worth the $40.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2002, 9:39 AM   #4

Default thanks

Thank you both for the info. I'll look for a card reader.

-Bill
Old Jul 9, 2002, 10:24 AM   #5
lg

The only thing I use the Camedia software (v2.6?) for is stitching together Panorama pics, and it does a great job on that. A card reader is much easier to use for transferring pictures, and you don't have to keep up with an extra cable anymore.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2002, 7:59 PM   #6

Default more info on Olympus site

Quote:
Originally posted by bill spurlock
Just curious what is new in Camedia version 4.0 compared to 2.5. Anyone using it? I've read here that it is available, but don't see it listed on the Olympus web site. How does one order it?
see http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...diamaster4.asp for more info. I have one on order.

I use a USB SM reader/writer with my D-490 Zoom... MUCH better than serial.
cojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2002, 8:44 PM   #7

Default USB reader/writer

I've purchased a USB SmartMedia reader/writer and as everyone says, this is the best way to go for downloading pics to the computer. Powered by the computer so no need to plug anything in, no power supply hookup to camera, and I can copy files back onto the card. This is handy when I might be going some place where I want to hook up to a TV to run a slide show for friendcs, etc.

Interestingly, Camedia 2.6 and the card reader work well together -- Camedia will run a slide show right off the card reader for initial review of pics before downloading. It won't do that from the camera -- you have to download to the computer first; a cumbersome process if you might want to delete many of the shots rather than filing them.

-Bill