Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 2, 2003, 3:14 AM   #1

Default Flash problem on 2100 UZ

I've had a 2100 since the week they came out, and its worked just fine for me, no problems.

But today, I turn it on, open the flash, take a picture, and there is no flash. I make sure auto flash is on, and evrything, still nothing.

I then notice that in the view finder, a ornage flash icon (the one in the upper left hand corner that usually flashes when flash is charging) is on whenever i press down on the shutter button. Its an orange icon, and is steady, not flashing.

This leads me to belive that this is a setting or software problem. I also now notice that slow flash is enabled, and there is no way to turn this off.

Tried a reset and everything, but still cannot get the slow flash to turn off, or have the camera use the flash in general.

Any suggestions?
rsfiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2003, 4:36 AM   #2

Depending on what the mode dial is set to, in some modes only slow flash can be selected...try selecting other modes like P (note that I'm saying this from a general Oly standpoint, not 2100 specific).
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2003, 1:44 PM   #3
lg

Apparently you have posted this topic in more than 1 forum. I have replied here: Newbie Help. For future reference, just pick the best area, in your opinion, and post it there. Others can find all new posts since they last logged on, so it probably won't be missed. BTW, my reply has several suggestions, and they are specifically related to the C-2100.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2003, 4:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg
Apparently you have posted this topic in more than 1 forum. I have replied here: Newbie Help. For future reference, just pick the best area, in your opinion, and post it there.
Especially since this is a C-2100 specific question it should be asked here. Many members don't venture outside their own forum...an Oly user wouldn't venture into the Sony forum (unless they're interested in Sony as well, or want to start a war. Also, you'd figure that an Oly user would go to the Oly forum to ask an Oly question, not the Newbie forum.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2003, 6:49 PM   #5
lg

Yes, Mike_PEAT, I agree! Perhaps I should have been more specific and suggested that he only post Olympus-specific problems in this forum. The post I replied to in Newbie Help was made by rsfiction as well.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote