Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 2, 2003, 8:16 AM   #1

Default a good users manual for C-730?

Hi Can someone help me to find a good manual for the Olympus C-730? I have a C-740 but the features are the same of a C-730.
The manual included in a box is not complete for me.
for exemple i dunno why i can't choice the AF AREA, it's always unselectionable in the camera menu. Another thing i can't choice is the MULTI METERING. Can u help me please?

Thank you all
Franco_Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2003, 4:57 PM   #2

Wished Olympus would make this more clear so we don't have to keep answering this question!

On the CD you will find a reference manual in PDF format which covers the features in a lot more detail. This is the way Oly did it with all the C-7x0 (and other C-series) cameras.

Some quick answers based on the C-730:
AF Target Area
1 In the top menu select MODE MENU - CAMERA - AF AREA Press >. AF target mark position select screen appears.
2 Press the arrow pad to move the AF target mark to the area you want to focus on. You can move the AF target mark vertically and horizontally from the center of the screen.
3 Press the shutter button to take a picture. To restore the AF target mark to the default position, press . The AF target mark is placed at the screen’s center. Press again to cancel the AF target
mark selection.
● AF AREA is not available when the DIGITAL ZOOM is set to ON.
● The camera cannot save the AF target mark selection.

MultiMetering
1 When using the camera in the A/S/M mode, Multi-metering is not available in the M mode. Set to any mode except M. If a function other than AE lock is assigned to the AEL button, assign AE lock to the AEL button.
2 Press the Spot metering button to engage the spot metering mode.
3 In the top menu, select MODE MENU - CAMERA - MULTI METERING - ON. Press OK. Press OK again to cancel the menu.

BTW, you are welcome at the Oly_C-700 Yahoo group, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/

One more tip, check out http://www.photocourse.com for free general digital photography info.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2003, 3:23 AM   #3

Thank youuuu.
Franco_Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote