Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 13, 2006, 1:40 AM   #1

class=H2Hi everyone... well im kinda new to this so just thought id try it out seeing that i recently have come across a problem with my olympus camera....

Well i have a Olympus IR-300 digital camera and recently it seems to have a large black line going across the left hand side of the LCD screen, this is visable both on the little monitor on the camera and also on the actual photos when they are uploaded and viewed on a computer or viewed in preview mode on the camera too. the camera has also become very dull while taking out photos(camera mode) and also the preview monitor is also very dark at this time.. which has also made the photos less realistic and very dark compared to photos being taken last week which were very bright and alot more better quality... both photos were taken exactly in the same lighting which was at night. the black line comes while taking out photos and also while in video mode.. what i dont understand is when u go to the menu and the menu options pop up the black line dissapears but as soon as you go bak to camera or video mode by the swicth it just comes back again... has anyone else had this problem or let me know how to go about fxing this problem?... ive tried resetting the camera with no luck and tried e-mailing olympus but they havent got bak to me yet...any ideas will be greatful..

PS.. i have alsouploaded anexamples photo

thanks again

Mike
Attached Images

Mikeyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2006, 1:42 AM   #2

just uploading another example photo
Attached Images

Old Jun 13, 2006, 1:43 AM   #3

and one final one...
Attached Images

Old Jun 13, 2006, 3:36 PM   #4

to me it looks like an object on the camera it's self or very dirty lens thats in the way, could you post a pic of the camera?
nacho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:31 AM   #5

thanks for the reply... could dirt be that much in a straight line and only to one side though??

im posting up 3 more pics of the camera...hope this will help... let me know what u think ... or even what u think i should do next...

thanks again!!!
Attached Images

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:32 AM   #6

and another...
Attached Images

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:32 AM   #7

and the last one...

Attached Images