Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 10, 2003, 7:23 PM   #1

Default HELP! Question about Olympus FL-40 flash and cables!

I have an Olympus C-5050Z and FL-40 flash.

How do I get th flash off the camera? What cable do I need? Anyone local sell an equivalent?

Thanks
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2003, 10:58 PM   #2

FLCB-05.
Skiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2003, 11:24 PM   #3

The FL-CB05 is if you want to hold the flash in your hand...if you want the FL-40 on a bracket you'll want the FL-CB02 cable AND the FL-BK01 bracket.

Unfortunately you can't pop the FL-40 on a generic bracket, and the FL-CB05 cable doesn't allow for that either.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2003, 12:00 AM   #4

I have the C3000 with the FL-40, olympus brkt and cable. I'm about to get the c-5050 and I'm glad to see the addition of the hot shoe but I was also wondering if I can continue to use the brkt with cable. I couldn't tell by looking at pictures if the c-5050 had the connection for the cable since it had the hot shoe.

From what I'm reading in this post, it looks like I can, correct?

Rich
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2003, 12:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich
I have the C3000 with the FL-40, olympus brkt and cable. I'm about to get the c-5050 and I'm glad to see the addition of the hot shoe but I was also wondering if I can continue to use the brkt with cable. I couldn't tell by looking at pictures if the c-5050 had the connection for the cable since it had the hot shoe.

From what I'm reading in this post, it looks like I can, correct?

Rich
The cable you are using with the C-3000 with the FL-40 (assuming you are also using the FL-BK01) is the FL-CB01...to use the FL-BK01 bracket with the C-5050 you need a different cable, the FL-CB02, which plugs into the hotshoe and into the bracket.

Note I got this information from the Olympus C-Series Accessories chart...you should of course check with your Oly dealer when you order.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2003, 6:16 AM   #6

Thanks, I was not able to find that info. Buying just another cable is not so bad, at least I didn't lose the whole investment of the FL-40 and brkt. With the hot shoe, I'll probably be using that most of the time anyway.

Rp
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2003, 10:40 PM   #7

The FLCB-05 was specifically designed for using the E10/E20 (and now the C5050) on a bracket such as a Stroboframe. But let's not argue; I could be wrong.
Skiola is offline   Reply With Quote