Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 12, 2003, 4:45 AM   #1

Default Live feed back!

Hi there, i own a c730UZ and i want to know if i can have live feedback to my computer. I can't find out the way to connect it to my pc.
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2003, 5:20 AM   #2

Default Live Feedback - Remote Function Control ?

Tomy,

I do not understand exactly what you mean. Do you want to remote control your camera from your computer via the USB connection? This is possible with a free software from Pine Tree Computing, BETA - version 1.04.0008, address:

http://www.pinetreecomputing.com/camctl.asp

You have to set your camera to "control mode". It works with all Camedia Cameras. With my C-4000 this is the procedure:

Dial A/S/M - Open card-cover - press both OK and Quickview button for a few seconds, until you get prompted: Camera control OFF/ON. Choose "ON". You return to normal mode with the same procedure, but choosing "OFF". There is no risk of interference with your other camera settings.
You will be amazed about the extent of remote control and viewing you get. With the Control Mode "ON" your camera behaves as usual, but you can not download pictures. So do not forget to turn the control mode off afterwards.

Good Luck, Herbert
HerbertRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 3:04 AM   #3

Default Thanx

Good morning, I'd like to thank HerbertRD for his advice. I think this is what i'm looking for. I will try it this afternoon and I will give you my opinion. But either it works or not thank you very much.
Old May 16, 2003, 3:51 AM   #4

Default Hi there

Well goodmorning HerbertRD and to all. The programme you have suggested me works quite well although it isn't exactly what I was looking for. The problem is that I don't have live feedback of what my camera aims, but only some still images. That is I can see what its aims to but only as a still picture before i take the picture. Except if I do something wrong. By the way what does the right bar do? The left one control the zoom factor. Thanks a lot again.