Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 12, 2002, 12:34 AM   #1

Default Where to buy 2100

After a lot of research and a little financial delay, I have decided to buy the 2100. Where is a good place to find one? I have seen "refurbished" cameras on ebay for a reasonable price. They include extras also. Does anyone have any information about them?
Lil_country is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2002, 4:21 PM   #2

Up until a month ago the C-2100UZs were readily available at COMPUSAs located here in San Diego. We are now beyond the last gasp for easy retail purchase of this unit.

If you require a new one, the advise is to get on the "horn" & call some of the San Diego COMPUSAs & put a request in to reserve one for you in the event a unit comes in.

In general, my experience here in San Diego with close out items is that one or two units (usually found left over in the the supply line; eg, warehouse) show up during the couple months after they become discontinued.

Otherwise, you'll have to keep an eye out for one from a source such as Ebay which can have issues.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2002, 4:40 PM   #3

I just recieved one of these refurbished units from ebay, and I couldnt be happier. That might be because I'm new to photography and I have been misled into thinking that the 3inch long lens thing on the front of the C-2100 is supposed to be hanging on by two wires and a cracked piece of plastic..... *8)

Honestly, I was tripping when I got the batteries charged and started fooling around with it. Its great.

The guy on ebay seems to be pretty reputable. He communicated well throughout the whole thing and gave me no cause for concern.

You pays your money, you make your choice.

Angel
angelquake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2002, 9:13 PM   #4

Of course I'm happy that it turned out well for you.
However, recommend that potential buyer of used equipment
does some research. For example, check this URL for past
buyer opinion/experience with vendors as many of them
are also Ebay sellers.

http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory?id=2
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2002, 2:09 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. And thanks for that link sdromel. That will be very helpful.
Lil_country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2002, 10:19 AM   #6
lg

Default Where to find C-2100

CNET Shopper has several links for places to purchase a C-2100, complete with current prices. Some are missing lens cap and foam packaging, others are refurbished, and some (more expensive) are brand new. Happy hunting!
lg is offline   Reply With Quote