Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Other Makes

Old Jun 13, 2008, 7:39 PM   #1

I bought this camera based on your review. I like it very much. I'm not a techie. My only complaint is the entire sound clip doesn't play on Windows Video Player. Otherwise, very satisfied. Thanks
TheBigR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:24 AM   #2

I have the camera for 2 days so far, ok. Stupid Question but hard to answer to follow.
1. How do I tie the strap?. There are no holes. Yet, looking at Steve's review, I see the tie showing at the bottom.
2. What is the little knob next to the speaker? That knob is very loose and can turn many turns. Volume is control inside the GUI.
3. How to contact Jazz. i.e. Jazz manufacturer or distributor website?
All these questions sound trivial, but they are not.
rockperucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 6:14 PM   #3

Lol steve who show the post? who you think steve is (calling your bluff)

1 strap:

Instructions show where it goes. locate the back lower section below the usb, place loop in under behind the metal pinand then the strap through the loop. done

2 the lil knob is a switch that goes up and down

if you notice on thescreen it changesfrom a mountain/person to a spade that we call macro close up of 28 inch is the best you can get.

3 jazzcameras.com is thesite, nothing mor website if not try vivitar.com but you'll notice they are down as well the same time jazz went down.

rockperucho wrote:
Quote:
I have the camera for 2 days so far, ok. Stupid Question but hard to answer to follow.
1. How do I tie the strap?. There are no holes. Yet, looking at Steve's review, I see the tie showing at the bottom.
2. What is the little knob next to the speaker? That knob is very loose and can turn many turns. Volume is control inside the GUI.
3. How to contact Jazz. i.e. Jazz manufacturer or distributor website?
All these questions sound trivial, but they are not.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:52 PM   #4

Thanks.
rockperucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2008, 9:26 PM   #5

Hi,

Recently I purchased the JAZZ HDV178 cam at my local Walmart shop.

I first wanted to go with a SVP camera, but we saw this one and purchased it.

I found that my camera has vertical lines while filming, you can see them very well on notebooks playing back the .avi format video.

On the internal LCD I can see them as well, but less.

I tried creating a semi-dark environment to capture the lines much better, and transmitted the image to youtube.

I hope you can see them.

Anyone experiencing the same issues?

I'm wondering if my item is broken... Since my screen also has 1 big and 3 smaller bad pixels...(white pixels).

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P98AIkLaYWk

It's a bit hard to see.. Maybe later I'll post on another video blog if possible...

If others can see them on their own camera as well I'd know that this is to be expected with a $90 device.

However if others don't experience the same thing, I might have a broken item.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2008, 7:13 AM   #6

as long as the bad pixels dont transfer to teh video it doesnt matter. that happens on all cams of all prices
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2009, 5:49 PM   #7

Has anyone had the problem of getting video on the screen but no audio from the tv speakers when playing video from the camera to the HDMI input. Any suggestions as to the possible cause of this? I do have other equipment hooked up to the tv, but I figure when I select HDMI3 as the tv input source (the input I am using) I should receive the audio to the tv through the same cable.
archp2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 4:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by archp2008 View Post
Has anyone had the problem of getting video on the screen but no audio from the tv speakers when playing video from the camera to the HDMI input. Any suggestions as to the possible cause of this? I do have other equipment hooked up to the tv, but I figure when I select HDMI3 as the tv input source (the input I am using) I should receive the audio to the tv through the same cable.
have you hooked up the required tv playback cable , and see if the vid and sound work?

tv output cables aud and HDMI video cable, will do the trick.
on the Aiptek and other they require tv assound and HD as video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote