Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Other Makes

Old Aug 10, 2008, 4:31 AM   #1

Just saying thank you now for whatever help I can get!! My brother just bought this item off a co worker!!! No paperwork came with it nor any software disc!!! The questions are 1) What do I need to do in order to get this thing to work for him cuz I tried to find a manufaturer website and no luck. 2) Does the company(dont even know who it is) that makes this camera still exist and if so what is there website as I could prob just order the owners manual and drivers disk from them??? Thank you----- Can anyone if they have a answer plz email this too me at my alt email as Im gonna be at work thatnk you ---its [email protected]
Cuda71666fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2008, 5:13 PM   #2

jazzcameras.com

vivitar is the other name as well so look under vivitar.com

http://www.vivitar.com/ecms.aspx/d84...les/DVR710.pdf

and that is the manual above

the disk well not realy needed but contact vivtar work with them on your issues? good luck
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2008, 2:06 PM   #3

also check out this article http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

The Jazz HDV178 is about the same only with a smaller LCD screen (and maybe a different battery).

For the rest noth models are nearly identical.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 1:13 AM   #4

If you/bro gotz computer, dual boot w/Linux.

A few clicks and presto, you/bro gotz any thing ya need to manipulate files this cam has to offer.

I recommend this one due it's ease and well it just works!

LinuxMint Felicia Xfce

http://linuxmint.com

Have fun.

oh, MS-- defrag (several times first), split HDD into separate drives, one for MS OS, one for MS pagefile, one for Linux OS, one for Linux swap.
You'll see other ways to do the HDD splits, I just do it like this, ez and quick... 20 minutes top if I (when) mess up Linux kernel and have to reinstall.
pagefile and swap are temp folders for ram......
READ and UNDERSTAND MS reasons why and how at their site. I use different drive for pagefile, MS says it is best/fastest.
Besides that drive is a 300 gig I use for my 'to keep' files. 100% safe from both OS's and hiccups..... haha.... I wanna tb or better though, darn it.
Wow, what a speed difference for XP.
100% access thru Linux of all your drives, but MS don't even see the Linux stuff.... weird.
Other than that, just pay attention to what LinuxMint users do/don't do for a first time successful install.
Click, click, click...... ya gotz everything ya need to use this cam and lotz more....
Harcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 5:42 PM   #5

Cuda71666fu wrote:
Quote:
Just saying thank you now for whatever help I can get!! My brother just bought this item off a co worker!!! No paperwork came with it nor any software disc!!! The questions are 1) What do I need to do in order to get this thing to work for him cuz I tried to find a manufaturer website and no luck. 2) Does the company(dont even know who it is) that makes this camera still exist and if so what is there website as I could prob just order the owners manual and drivers disk from them??? Thank you----- Can anyone if they have a answer plz email this too me at my alt email as Im gonna be at work thatnk you ---its [email protected]
As fishycomics said, you don't really need the CD. To get the files off the camera, just plug in the USB cable and if you have Windows XP or Vista, it will be recognized as a Storage device from which which you can then retrieve the files.

The photos are just the regular JPEG files you get on all digital cameras so no special software required there but you will need a codec to be able to play the AVI video files. They are a non standard h264 based AVI fle but you can play them back with GOM Player or VLC Player.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:03 PM   #6

HELP! did you find out how to use your jazz hdv 188 ? i lost my manule and have no idea how to use mine. thanks
lala anne is offline   Reply With Quote