Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Other Makes

Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:56 PM   #1

I bought this pink camera from the toy section at Wal-Mart for my daughter. I don't think it had a particular brand name, but it cost $39 and claims 1.3 megapixels. It also said on the box "SD Card Not Included." Well, when I got the camera home I found that has no SD card in the box, which is to be expected. But it also has no SD card socket on the camera anywhere. It uses only 32MB internal RAM. Can you believe that? What other possible reason could they have for putting that on the box other than to deceive people?
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2008, 10:17 PM   #2

Well it wasn't deceptive advertising. They said no SD card included and well, there was no SD card included, so where was the deceptive advertising? :lol:

Since these devices are all made in China, I suspect it probably has more to do with a 'Lost in Translation' slip up than a deliberate attempt to deceive, although I do think Walmart should be informed of this. What good it may do is anyones guess though as big companies don't always listen. Fishycomics, and others, informed Bestbuy of the wrong info for the Aiptek A-HD PRO they sell and it *still* lists the wrong info! They don't seem to care.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2008, 7:16 PM   #3

Is this the camera by any chance -- a VTech? In Canada Walmart sells this for $59.

Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2008, 8:04 AM   #4

No, that is not the camera. I looked at the package again and it is actually made by "digital blue" funny thing is, when you go to their website, it isn't listed anywhere.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 10:03 PM   #5

RGVCam may be right about the translation thing. I was in Target today and noticed they have the exact same camera only it is in a completely different packaging. This time the package reads, "No SD Card Required." That makes a lot more sense. The price was still the same, $39. I actually wish I could play with it some more. I only took 2 or 3 pictures with it before sealing it back up and hiding it away for Christmas. As good as the indoor shots were, I'm tempted to think it might have a CCD. The information that came with it didn't really specify. I think I could test by taking some high motion shots and see if it has any rolling shutter artifacts.