Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Other Makes

Old May 2, 2009, 8:03 AM   #1

hi i have a mobie phone (nokia n95 8gb)with acamera on it, in the desciption of it it says "2.8/5.6mm lens" and then it says:

"5.6mm correspons toa 35mm frame"

fristly i would like to know what lens is my camera and when i take a pic on it what lens do the pics come out as i mean what mm, and whattype of lens are they wide normal or tele. and finally what are these lens arethey wide when i take pic or are they tele or normal and how close are they to huan eye.

thanx
mwa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwa24 View Post
hi i have a mobie phone (nokia n95 8gb)with acamera on it, in the desciption of it it says "2.8/5.6mm lens" and then it says:

"5.6mm correspons toa 35mm frame"

fristly i would like to know what lens is my camera and when i take a pic on it what lens do the pics come out as i mean what mm, and whattype of lens are they wide normal or tele. and finally what are these lens arethey wide when i take pic or are they tele or normal and how close are they to huan eye.

thanx
2,8 and 5.6 refer to the aperture range, not the focal length. From what I can find it only has digital zoom, so the focal length is fixed. None of the reviews I scanned gave much technical info on the camera functions.
With digital zoom image quality will degrade when you zoom out, you will have to experiment to see what is acceptable for your purposes.
tsiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2009, 9:29 PM   #3

From the Nokia website:

Quote:
Camera Specifications

Sensor: CMOS, 5 megapixel (2592 x 1944)
Carl Zeiss Optics: Tessar lens
Focal length 5.6 mm
Focus range 10 cm ~ infinity
Macro focus distance 10-50 cm
Shutter speed: Mechanical shutter: 1/1000~1/3 s
The maximim aperture is f/2.8. The focal length of the lens is 5.6mm. By "corresponding to a 35mm frame" they may mean that would be the equivalent of a normal lens on a 35mm camera, about 43-50 mm focal length (50mm is normal by custom, whereas 43mm is the actual normal focal length, corresponding to the diagonal of the 24X36mm frame size of a 35mm camera, or they may mean it corresponds to a 35mm focal length, which is a moderate wide angle. The latter is probably what they mean.

Last edited by penolta; Jun 24, 2009 at 9:32 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote