Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Other Makes

Old Mar 29, 2004, 9:53 AM   #1

Default vivitar vivicam 3735 review

hi,
have any of you used vivitar vivicam 3735?
I just want to know is it a good one
Tigerdirect has got vivitar camera with printer for 99$
sksuresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2004, 3:29 PM   #2

Hi, Just read your post on the Vivitar 3735. There's a Vivitar forum here http://www.digital-world.info/viewforum/f-17.html, I won't comment here as I've not bought one myself, but in the UK it's a cheap camera retailing at £70 ukp or $126.(at $1.80 to the £). I will however say that the forum speaks four itself.

GBu

Callancool
callancool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 4:00 AM   #3

sksuresh wrote:
Quote:
hi,
have any of you used vivitar vivicam 3735?
I just want to know is it a good one
Tigerdirect has got vivitar camera with printer for 99$

If You want to buy some unexpensive digicam, without compromises - buy vivitar 3735.... Excellent optics, good matrix, good functionality.

Quality of photos? http://www.przyrodnicze.prv.pl - all of those photos has been taken with vivitar 3735...
GrendelPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:07 PM   #4

"Tigerdirect has got vivitar camera with printer for 99$"

For the price, you'll have a lousy camera and, most likely, a lousy printer. I see refurbished Fuji 2650's on eBay for around $80 minus shipping. They are miles ahead of the Vivitar. I bought three of them for relatives in the past two years, and all of them have been problem-free. You can buy a Canon or HP photo quality printer for $100 or less. Buy the Fuji and take the card to Wal-Mart to have prints made until you can afford the printer. On the other hand, I'll be happy to sell you a Vivitar 3500 which I guarantee will disappoint you.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:40 AM   #5

You couldn't pay me to buy another vivitar (vivicam). First I bought the 3 mega pixel camera, and the battery compartment cover, broke after 3 battery replacements. I sent it back, and received a 4 mp model. In less than a year and after only using it for the 3rd time, it went to the flashing red light, camera would not turn on. (Started with 3735, then 3825, then 3826.) Sent that back, and received another camera. After just three uses (it took just shy of a year), the red light death occured again. Either vivitar makes a junk camera, or they intentionally make the camera's die right around the warranty end. Either way, I would not recommend a vivitar vivicam to anyone, and would highly discourage you from buying one. Vivitar is refusing to replace this last camera, and is arguing with me about the one year warranty date. I'm telling them it died 3 days before my warranty expired, and they claim that they packaged the camera prior to the date that I actually recieved it, and that the warranty starts on the day they shipped. Even that would only make it 2 days out of warranty, and they refuse to fix it. I bought another Nikon (I have the coolpix 5400), and now bought a coolpix l4. I LOVE both of my Nikon's...

Buy Vivitar at your own risk....

harley2ride is offline   Reply With Quote