Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Other Makes

Old Jun 17, 2004, 11:24 AM   #1

Hello,I am new to this site and to using a digital camera. I am having problems downloading my pictures off the camera onto my computer. I have an internal memory on the camera of 8mb or 16 mb with a memory card. ( if that makes sense). Anyway I have the cable plugged into my computer, where i had my scanner plugged in. And when I plug it into the camera it does nothing. Yes the camera is on, and the camera driver software is installed. I went out a bought a 126mb sd card because I thought maybe you had to have one in order to transfer the pictures but it still doesn't do anything. As soon as the cable is plugged into the camera the screen goes black, shouldn't it show the pictures that are being transfered? I don't know what else to try so I thought I would post my problem here to see if I could get some help. Thanks in advance fro replies.
olive3322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2004, 5:15 PM   #2

olive3322 wrote:
Quote:
Hello,I am new to this site and to using a digital camera. I am having problems downloading my pictures off the camera onto my computer. I have an internal memory on the camera of 8mb or 16 mb with a memory card. ( if that makes sense). Anyway I have the cable plugged into my computer, where i had my scanner plugged in. And when I plug it into the camera it does nothing. Yes the camera is on, and the camera driver software is installed. I went out a bought a 126mb sd card because I thought maybe you had to have one in order to transfer the pictures but it still doesn't do anything. As soon as the cable is plugged into the camera the screen goes black, shouldn't it show the pictures that are being transfered? I don't know what else to try so I thought I would post my problem here to see if I could get some help. Thanks in advance fro replies.
Quote:
I am not sure on that model, but on my 3930 I have to turn the camera off, turn the settings knob to PC mode, turn camera on. mine won't do it in camera mode, it has to be in PC mode to act as a USB device. my computer won't even see it in camera mode at all. and my camera OS is version VOS 0.28, wow, even cameras need software now.
Quote:
Dr Corey
drcorey is offline   Reply With Quote