Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Other Makes

Old Mar 4, 2005, 1:31 PM   #1

I just bought this camera from Costco. It is amazing for the price. It is 6.3 megapixels, 3x optical/4x digital, all metal body, full manual controls and scene modes, AF assist light,etc. It is very compact and easy to use. It starts up very quickly and is very fast between shots (less than 2 seconds at 6mp setting). It cost $229. The most amazing part is it took great pictures in absolute darkness. I am absolutely impressed with this camera. This is after a month of reading every review website and looking at cameras around town. The strange thing is that there's nothing on any review site about this camera. The only information is at the Vizio website (they primarily make big screen plasma HDTVs, which are also sold at Costco). The company is in Los Angeles.
rnelson61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:10 AM   #2

The Vizio 63dc is an amazing piece of equipment. I was hesitant about buying a "no name" camera, but at $229.00, and Costco's no hassle returm policy there was no way to go wrong.

This is my fourth digital camera I've had 2 Cannons and one Olympus, the Vizio is as good as any of the previous three in fact much better. The pictures are gorgeous, and unlike my previous camera it does a great job with red-eye reduction.

It comes with all the whistles and bells of much higher priced cameras. What impressed me most was its ability to shoot 5 photos in 3 seconds (simply hold down the shutter release button). It also takes full lenght videos with sound, the lenght of the video is limited by the SD card size. (a 512 sd card can capture about 40 minutes of video & sound).

The Lithiom Ion battery is excellent it never seems to run out, I called the company to purchase a spare battery ($29.00) and they were very responsive. The large 2" LCD screen is gorgeous.

I highly recommend this camera to you.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:07 AM   #3

I just got back from a week on a cruise to Mexico. I took this camera and it worked great. I've printed a number of 81/2 x 11 shots to compare with the $30 prints they took on the ship. My pictures are better. I've also noticed that this camera is now sold at Target ($279) and that the Vizio website has been upgraded to include sample photos and other info. I should also point out that before I left for Mexico, I also purchsed the Konica-Minolta G600 to try. I wanted to see if the Vizio was as good as it seemed. The G600 is 6 MP and is about the same size as the Vizio. I took about 20 pictures with each camera from the exact same location at the exact same time. These included shots at night, in direct sun, macro shots, etc. I then printed the shots on glossy 4x6 paper on my Canon ip6000 and showed them to co-workers. In all instances, except one, the Vizio pictures were much better, both in terms of sharpness and color accuracy. I have to say that I was amazed. On top of that, the Vizio has complete manual controls and costs less. As for the battery, I have found that the Vizio actually uses a generic version of the Kodak Clik 5000 Li-ion battery, which can be purchesed for $19.99 from most anywhere. Despite the unknown name, this is a great camera.
rnelson61 is offline   Reply With Quote