Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:35 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default 5 of the Best is Back -

I can't believe it was 6 years ago that I started 5 of the Best threads (the most recent is at https://forums.steves-digicams.com/o...-part-4-a.html

With the forum getting quieter, I thought this might get some more people posting and sharing what's going on with them photographically.

The rules are pretty simple:
1. Make a serious effort to choose 5 of your top photos not just the first 5 'OK' ones that you spot. Post the 5 photos in a single post not 5 separate posts so that people can easily see your photos and so we don't go over too many pages.
2. Don't post all the same style/genre, include at least 2 different styles so show your diversity.
3. Keep photos to a maximum size of 1024 pixels, but a bit smaller is probably wise to keep the size of this thread down a bit.
4. Only one photo post (5 shots) per member but feel free to comment in subsequent posts.
5. This is not the place to critique, beat up people etc, but friendly encouragement is always appreciated and welcome.
6. Get involved and don't be worried that some people might be better than you.... we all have this problem, none of us has mastered this photography game.
7. Enjoy the great work that the members here at Steve's are putting together.

Looking forward to seeing what people have to share.

Enjoy
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:41 AM   #2
Super Moderator

So, I should probably get the ball rolling.

3 Annoyingly squinty, squinty, but wind made me rather get the shot than not.

Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:37 PM   #3

Wonderful set of images. Well done!

Tony
Tony Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:46 PM   #4

Here's five of my favorites from different categories:

Thanks for looking!

https://tonybritton.smugmug.com/
Tony Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:22 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Gorgeous looking photos Tony, love the editing too! Looking forward to seeing what others share.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:28 PM   #6

Well so far all are great shots. I hope this can continue. This place sure does need a spark to get something going again. Here are 5 of my favorite shooting styles.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:37 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Bynx, glad you shared some lovely photos, but that bird shot is stunning. Getting the head sharp and the movement in the wings gives such energy.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:25 PM   #8

Here is a similar pic but I think pretty comical. A head turn to the right during a flyby. Now tell me there isnt anything going on in its head.
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:17 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Here is a similar pic but I think pretty comical. A head turn to the right during a flyby. Now tell me there isnt anything going on in its head.
LOL, that's amazing..... did he drop a 'present' on you or anything?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:09 PM   #10

No I live on the top floor of an apartment building. The birds are flying around all the time about 5 or 6 feet from where I sit all day and nite. As a matter of fact where Im sitting now. So its no big deal to get up wtih my camera and take a few shots every so often. They always put on a great show. Like this guy doing the flyby. Sometimes they can get aggressive like his joker. Thought he could scare me. Well his eyes do make me nervous while the Alfred Hitchcock theme song plays in my head.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bynx; Nov 6, 2017 at 6:16 PM.