Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Panasonic / Leica (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 55055] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/%5Brecovered-thread-55055%5D-53460/)

Nancy Gabby Apr 24, 2005 2:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all, you guys had mentioned that I should post pics as I take them, so here is a quick picture from a shoot I did last night of my niece. I did her makeup, and I have many more pics, but haven't had a chance to resize and PS. I am shooting with my old photogenic strobe system, but I am looking at getting a new system, and a company called Alien Bees seems to make a great cheap strobe (alienbees.com). At full power it recharges in about a second, but if you lessen the output (goes down to 1/32nd) it recharges instantaneously which is good for taking a few shots at a time. They got a great review in April's Popular Photography (& imaging). Here's the pic (from my 20D, didn't have time to shoot with the FZ20 - I will try for the next shoot, so you guys can compare):

Nancy Gabby Apr 24, 2005 2:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I did her makeup differently here, and I accentuated the picture with this old Mexican blanket. I love my niece, I think she is so pretty- that's why I had to post another picture of her. And I have many more, but I have to work tomorrow. Hope you all like the pics:

Hiroshi Apr 24, 2005 2:13 AM

Excellent photos and a beautiful job on the lighting. Your niece should be very happy with the results.

Two:cool::cool:up.

Nancy Gabby Apr 24, 2005 2:25 AM

Hi Hiroshi! Yes, she was very happy, and impressed. But I always take pictures of her, so she is practically used to it. and she is like a flower child, so she hates makeup and getting all dressed up (we went casual, as you can see, for this shoot). I am just trying to beef up my portfolio. I will be taking pictures of Mayor Bloomberg at a charity event in two weeks, wish me luck!

Hiroshi Apr 24, 2005 2:36 AM

Good luck, and post some pics of Mr. Bloomy when your done with PP;).

Nancy Gabby Apr 24, 2005 3:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, last pic. Here is a b&w shot. The one thing I really like about the 20D, is when you set it to shoot b&w, you have control of the contrast & sharpness. You also can add these virtual filters (equivalent of putting a red, orange, yellow & green filter on your 35mm cam and shooting b&w film). I usually use red, it smooths out the skin tones. In this pic, I am actually using the green filter which really increases contrast:

boyzo Apr 24, 2005 4:06 AM

Very Nice shots Nancy,nice work :) the 20D DSLR images even downsized show's both detail and smoothness that comes with the format.
:cool:

Cheers

(Mr John)

vIZnquest Apr 24, 2005 4:18 AM

Nancy,

All of your shots of your niece are just wonderful. She is beautiful and you captured it well.

The make-up is done very well and the poses and composition is very good.

The 20D does impress but can't do it without your knowledge and technique.

Mahalo,

Komaki

JEDinNC Apr 24, 2005 8:25 AM

Nancy,

As always, excellent photos. The colors are great but the b&w is my favorite!

Very nice work and thanks for sharing :cool:

Best regards,

JED

Nancy Gabby Apr 24, 2005 12:29 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I really apreciate it!