Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Panasonic / Leica (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 56890] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/%5Brecovered-thread-56890%5D-55269/)

truckshc May 11, 2005 4:10 PM

i'm looking to buy the fz20 sometime this weekend. i'm just looking for some comments on the camera, what you guys think of it...so on.

i shoot for an automotive online magazine and im looking for a good camera to shoot stills, road shots (moving vehicles), and i will be shoot from moving vehicle at times.

what turned me on to this camera was the 12x zoom, the stability control, and the leica (sp*)lense.

i'd like to know how the battery life is and how well it shoots in low light/night time settings.

any comments would be appreciated.

truckshc May 12, 2005 11:21 AM

bump.

indiawala May 12, 2005 11:32 AM

LOL..I guess everyone wants you to search these forums. This question has been asked and answered a million times, at least...lol. I for one love the FZ20. Look around and you will findthousands of pages worth of information as to why.

seth

tswill2 May 12, 2005 11:45 AM

Yeah - another satisfied user here. The low light will probably get you some noise, but flash capability is good. I use a Vivitar 285 when I need more than the little onboard unit puts out. Also great for bouncing the flash for a more natural look indoors. The flash and the manual zoom are the only upgrades over the FZ5, and for your use the 5 might do it and is a smaller, lighter, cheaper package. Buy a big memory card - 1GB fast, and a spare battery. (I use a PQI SD card, and an aftermarket battery spare.) Tom:-)

tswill2 May 12, 2005 11:45 AM

double posted! don't see a delete. Tom:(

truckshc May 12, 2005 4:30 PM

thx guys. sorry if this thread was unneccessary. i've looked in the forums and have gotten a lot info. this site is a great resource. i've been looking into this camera for about 2wks. i think i could give advise on it. lol.

i was just lookin for the battery life info and low light info...i could find anything about that anywhere else.

agn thx for the replies.

Hiroshi May 12, 2005 9:35 PM

Warning: DON'T BUY THE FZ20!!!

:(Bad idea!:-?

Run, run away before it's too late. I know, I've been there.:?

It's a very addictive product. You will spend lots of money adding a tele-converter, close up lens, wide angle lens, external flash, wired remote, hoods, adapters, a cozy camera bag, filters... then you will take it out every night an stroke it, clean it, talk to it and call it MY PRECIOUS.:!::crazy:

truckshc May 13, 2005 5:08 AM

Hiroshi wrote:
Quote:

Warning: DON'T BUY THE FZ20!!!

:(Bad idea!:-?

Run, run away before it's too late. I know, I've been there.:?

It's a very addictive product. You will spend lots of money adding a tele-converter, close up lens, wide angle lens, external flash, wired remote, hoods, adapters, a cozy camera bag, filters... then you will take it out every night an stroke it, clean it, talk to it and call it MY PRECIOUS.:!::crazy:
'thats what i'm talkin about'
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...lipboard02.jpg

pappy May 13, 2005 5:28 AM

you'll enjoy this camera , very powerfull for the money .Also If your in a hurry the fully auto mode will take good shots as well , with a steady hand and good light conditions :|.

Tazzie May 13, 2005 11:04 AM

truckshc, Hiroshi is right. I can go out after work and take maybe 100 photos at a timeand will have to change batteries every third day or so. I would reckon somewhere around 300 shots. I leave it on a bit too much when chasing butterflies and such. Batteries are fairly inexpensive. So I have two. I seldom ever use the LCD. The EVF can often leave a lot to be desired making a clear focus tough to obtainat times. I just take plenty of shots. They're cheap. All in all its a magic little camera. It hasallowed me to see wonderous things around me I never really noticed before.