Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Panasonic / Leica (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 83791] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/%5Brecovered-thread-83791%5D-81767/)

Nancy Gabby Feb 23, 2006 12:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
On our last day, I took these pictures. We were on the beach of the Grand Wailea Hotel (apparently it's the hotel that Oprah stays at--ooh la la!). All beaches are public, so even the private resorts have to let you on to their area of the beach:

Nancy Gabby Feb 23, 2006 12:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I call this the 1970's kodachrome version of this pic, which was just letting instant fix handle it. It makes the kayakers too contrasty, but it really brings out the mountain in front of them, let me know if it's too much:

Nancy Gabby Feb 23, 2006 12:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It always amazes me how kids just ain't scared. The waves were fairly fierce and this little girl just went for it:

Nancy Gabby Feb 23, 2006 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Grand Wailea Hotel is listed as a five and a half star hotel (I had always thought they only went up to 4 stars!). It is about $600 per nite. This hotel boasts over 50 (that's right five-oh) pools. Some of them have themes, some have slides into other pools. There is a sit down bar/restaurant in at least one of them. There is a whole thatched roof set of houses which is set within a pond with gigantic goldfish which is about the size of a football field. Being that we (my family and I) were technically tresspassing, I just got a few pics here and there. Here is one of a dolphin pool/fountain:

Nancy Gabby Feb 23, 2006 12:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and here is the beach outside of the Grand Wailea hotel:

Nancy Gabby Feb 23, 2006 1:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
About a week before, we had taken a road trip to the north end of the island, into the mountains. There are a lot of stands that sell coconut candy, pinapples and even sushi! Fresh fish is big out there. It was pouring rain, and there were a bunch of dogs playing around, here is one that I really like:

Nancy Gabby Feb 23, 2006 1:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's zoomed out shot of the stand (it was really cloudy and rainy-tried to fix it but still looks just as gloomy):

Nancy Gabby Feb 23, 2006 1:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't know what this is exactly, but it was on the side of the road overlooking the ocean. Created a bit of a mood in pp, let me know what u think:

Nancy Gabby Feb 23, 2006 1:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Doesn't look like it, but this picture is looking straight down about 800 feet into the Pacific Ocean. Was very overexposed, so it came out a bit contrasty when I brought down the exposure:

Nancy Gabby Feb 23, 2006 1:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These crazy people were surfing during a thunderstorm (not the best picture to illustrate, but I was getting soaked out there!):