Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Panasonic / Leica (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/)
-   -   After the Rain (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/after-rain-75893/)

rduve Dec 26, 2005 7:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
While we can forget a White Christmas here in L.A., at least we got some rain. Here are some shots I took this morning by my front door.

rduve Dec 26, 2005 7:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)

rduve Dec 26, 2005 7:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

rduve Dec 26, 2005 7:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

rduve Dec 26, 2005 7:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

squirl033 Dec 26, 2005 8:22 PM

all nicely done, Rainer, but #3 is the best in my opinion. a touch of sharpening, and that would be a killer shot! :G

rduve Dec 26, 2005 8:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
squirl033 wrote:
Quote:

all nicely done, Rainer, but #3 is the best in my opinion. a touch of sharpening, and that would be a killer shot! :G

I see what you mean. Here it is sharpened.

tiger98 Dec 26, 2005 9:03 PM

Nice shots Rainer! How about sending some of that rain this way! Jim

squirl033 Dec 26, 2005 10:29 PM

definite improvement, Rainer! i like that shot a lot.

Jim, if i could send rain, you'd be wallowing in it! we had almost an inch just on Christmas Eve day!:sad: i'd love to trade you the wet stuff for some sunshine, believe me!

mtngal Dec 26, 2005 10:47 PM

I love #3, especially the second version,but I also really like #5.

I don't like the idea that it rained in L.A. - I didn't put pans down and we have a roof leak (sigh). Not looking forward to getting home tomorrow.

Did Arizona escape the incredible winds Las Vegas had today? I thought it would blow me away!

rduve Dec 27, 2005 12:00 AM

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:

Nice shots Rainer! How about sending some of that rain this way! Jim

We hardly get any here. But I'll put in a word with the big fella to help ya out.

;)

rduve Dec 27, 2005 12:01 AM

mtngal wrote:
Quote:

I love #3, especially the second version,but I also really like #5.

I don't like the idea that it rained in L.A. - I didn't put pans down and we have a roof leak (sigh). Not looking forward to getting home tomorrow.

Did Arizona escape the incredible winds Las Vegas had today? I thought it would blow me away!
It wasn't that bad, mtngal, just a bit during the night.,

rduve Dec 27, 2005 12:03 AM

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:

definite improvement, Rainer! i like that shot a lot.

Jim, if i could send rain, you'd be wallowing in it! we had almost an inch just on Christmas Eve day!:sad: i'd love to trade you the wet stuff for some sunshine, believe me!

Thanks for the tip. In fact I'll try sharpening the others as well. Makes the water drops look so much crisper.

jaseyboy Dec 27, 2005 4:28 AM

Beautiful pics. Down here in South Africa, rain's about as much as we can expect from the skies. And the odd bit of hail ... can't wait for the next thunderstorm now :)

Super shots, Rainer :lol:

LadyhawkVA Dec 27, 2005 7:35 AM

Good shots. As the others have said, #3 - especially the sharpened version - is outstanding. I enjoy your photos and look forward to seeing more.

suze Dec 27, 2005 7:58 AM

Ditto . . the sharpened version of 3 is definitely a standout :|

HarjTT Dec 27, 2005 8:05 AM

Rainer,

Agree with the rest of guys and gals...No3 but all are good. Startight macro or did you use a macro filter?

HarjTT

:cool:

rduve Dec 27, 2005 1:52 PM

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:

Rainer,

Agree with the rest of guys and gals...No3 but all are good. Startight macro or did you use a macro filter?

HarjTT

:cool:

thanks. Yes, I used the Nikon 4T on those shots.