Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Panasonic / Leica (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/)
-   -   FZ100 Seagulls (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/fz100-seagulls-180339/)

LTZ470 Nov 21, 2010 12:39 PM

FZ100 Seagulls
 
1
http://ltz470.smugmug.com/Other/FZ10...4_rRRMi-XL.jpg
2
http://ltz470.smugmug.com/Other/FZ10...4_LK5iy-XL.jpg
3
http://ltz470.smugmug.com/Other/FZ10...6_7jq6w-XL.jpg
4
http://ltz470.smugmug.com/Other/FZ10...1_d3QXm-XL.jpg
5
http://ltz470.smugmug.com/Other/FZ10...8_WCMN6-XL.jpg
6
http://ltz470.smugmug.com/Other/FZ10...5_ojMmw-XL.jpg

saly Nov 21, 2010 3:00 PM

LTZ, amazingly sharp shots!. They are actually very pretty birds up close.

Clint501 Nov 21, 2010 3:57 PM

These pictures remind me of the time my Dad was feeding seagulls french fries. They were getting closer and closer until he decided to grab one. It bite him on the hand and he let it go pretty fast. I was LMAO!!

LTZ470 Nov 21, 2010 4:05 PM

They wouldn't get up close...these were all at 600mm then cropped...the one of the gull eating was at 844mm but was not cropped...

Clint501 Nov 21, 2010 4:21 PM

If you want to try something that the kids (and you) might like - try "Bird Bill"

http://www.pbase.com/billko/bill_bird_in_hand

http://www.dxtreme.com/birdfeeding.htm

I got one and within a week I had chickadees and titmice (or titmouses????) eating out of my hand.

LTZ470 Nov 21, 2010 4:26 PM

Great idea Clint!

And Saly thanks for the kind words!

saly Nov 21, 2010 5:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint501 (Post 1169269)
If you want to try something that the kids (and you) might like - try "Bird Bill"

http://www.pbase.com/billko/bill_bird_in_hand

http://www.dxtreme.com/birdfeeding.htm

I got one and within a week I had chickadees and titmice (or titmouses????) eating out of my hand.

This is such a great idea, and hilarious too! I was actually going to put my shirt on a coat hanger and leave it outside for a while, but I felt silly and never did it. This is better!

Torgny Nov 21, 2010 7:10 PM

LTZ470,

Excellent. Why didn't you spotmeter for focus on head/eyes

//T

LTZ470 Nov 22, 2010 1:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torgny (Post 1169351)
LTZ470,

Excellent. Why didn't you spotmeter for focus on head/eyes

//T

Wished I had T...I got so involved with getting these shots while also taking photos of my children and the beach scene I lost my presence of mind on changing the camera settings and only switched between EZ Zoom settings...

That is a very good point and shows my lack of good skills...thanks for pointing that out!

The metering is so very important on the FZ100...I think I can do better than this off a Tripod...these were off a Monopod...

saly Nov 22, 2010 2:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTZ470 (Post 1169488)
Wished I had T...I got so involved with getting these shots while also taking photos of my children and the beach scene I lost my presence of mind on changing the camera settings and only switched between EZ Zoom settings...

That is a very good point and shows my lack of good skills...thanks for pointing that out!

The metering is so very important on the FZ100...I think I can do better than this off a Tripod...these were off a Monopod...

Frankly LTZ, I think these shots look pretty darn good the way they are.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:10 PM.