Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Panasonic / Leica (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/)
-   -   New Panasonic FZ-35 Owner (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/new-panasonic-fz-35-owner-162888/)

mtclimber Dec 2, 2009 10:11 AM

New Panasonic FZ-35 Owner

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there, Folks-

My FZ-35 arrived yesterday and I must tell you that I am pleased with the camera. As an old FZ camera user the new camera felt very comfortable in my hands. Attached is a sunset shot from yesterday evening.

Thanks for reading and sharing.

Sarah Joyce

anthony_b Dec 2, 2009 10:33 AM

Very nice, congrats on the camera...I've setup a couple of custom settings for when I'm indoors or outdoors that have worked well for me. For indoors and daytime shooting I have everything set to +1 and noise reduction to -1...everything else is at defaults/auto (ISO, WB, etc)...for night shots I'm using all the defaults and noise reduction set to +1.

anthony_b Dec 2, 2009 10:35 AM

Also, the trick I discovered for outdoor night time shots for the Holiday lights is to change the WB setting to "tungsten"....thanks to the suggestion of another user on this forum.

mtclimber Dec 2, 2009 11:53 AM

Yes, anthony_b-

The FZ-35 takes some adjusting to produce the best images. And Nite time WB is best set to incandescent or tungesten to avoid that yellow cast to your images.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce

anthony_b Dec 2, 2009 12:31 PM

The "intelligent" auto mode works quite well too.

Joe Sellers Dec 2, 2009 1:27 PM

Great Sarah, I can't wait for more of your thoughts on the FZ35. I decided some time ago that when I do buy, the FZ35 appeals to me the most overall.

I know there is no real burst mode but would appreciate any examples you can take of action or sports just to see what you can catch with consecutive shots.

I have yet to actually find one that I can handle in my own hot little hands.

Stan C. Dec 2, 2009 1:39 PM

I love my FZ 35.......Can't wait to read your comments Sarah :)

SteveMI Dec 2, 2009 2:23 PM

Hi Sarah,
does FZ35 make much better pictures than H20? I understand that FZ35 might be in a different class, but here is my dilemma: I recently purchased H20 and it's still within 30 days return period. I can justify $100 extra for FZ35, but the bigger size is my main concern. I think I can give up on size and purchase FZ35 if it really takes much better pictures. I use IntelligentAuto only, no manual settings, mainly outdoor landscape and group of people indoors shootings. Thank you.

anthony_b Dec 2, 2009 2:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMI (Post 1024565)
Hi Sarah,
does FZ35 make much better pictures than H20? I understand that FZ35 might be in a different class, but here is my dilemma: I recently purchased H20 and it's still within 30 days return period. I can justify $100 extra for FZ35, but the bigger size is my main concern. I think I can give up on size and purchase FZ35 if it really takes much better pictures. I use IntelligentAuto only, no manual settings, mainly outdoor landscape and group of people indoors shootings. Thank you.

Check flikr.com for lots of samples/photos taken with the FZ35...I own one myself and I'm really happy with it...in the summer time I looked at the H20 as well, the FZ35 is a bit bigger due to the size of the lense

anthony_b Dec 2, 2009 4:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A quick shot from behind the house