Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:32 AM   #1

Default panasonic Lz (Lx) 300

When my old Fujifilm HS20EXR caught fire and burned up, I have heard good reviews for this camera. I am into macro and animal photography.

How does this camera compare to my old beloved Fuji? Oh, and I do have a youtube channel where I record local musicians. Just4clix 'aka' Larry
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:46 PM   #2

G'day Larry

A bit sad to hear about your Fuji - my first superzoom was the Fuji S-5000, a magic little camera in its day. I now run Panny cameras, having been disappointed with my large $ Fuji purchase of the XS-1 'flag-leader' some years ago

You are asking about the Panny LZ-300 ... I need to query here ... Do you mean the LZ-30 or the FZ-300??

The LZ-30 is a 2014 model and I'm unsure whether it would even be available today. However the FZ-300 is current and it truly is a great superzoom camera, probably the best Panny have made

With the FZ-300 and its older cousin the FZ-200 [which we have as his & her cameras] Panny have very wisely on a small sensor camera held the sensor to 12 mpx, thus reducing many of the noise issues seen in small sensor cameras. Panny / Leica have also created a damn great lens in the 24 to 600 zoom - a lens that is a constant aperture as-you-zoom job, only found in very expensive professional calibre dSLR lenses. The wonders of shooting at 600mm using F2,8 is great - unheard of with a dSLR

The FZ-300 has all the usual P-A-S-M controls plus heaps of creative additions for experimenting with without you needing photoshop, and also new video features should you decide to get into video stuff. It is also much faster to operate, take continuous images of things happening in front of you - up to 60 fps if needed, and lots of other stuff

The bottom line - if it's the FZ-300 you're thinking of, if all else works for you [ergonomics, price, etc] then go and get it as your personal Christmas pressy to yourself

Hope this helps
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:28 PM   #3

Yes it was the FZ-300 I was talking about. Thanks for the reply.

I still have my S2000HD Fuji, no problems whatsoever. But, I got so dang used to the macro and picture quality and especially the super zoom out to 720mm. If you search my posts prior to 10/15/2015 when my hs20exr fried you will find some or a lot of them, if they are still there. I posted them in the Fuji forum. I don't like ordering online, so I will see if any of my local photo stores has one. Stuff gets stolen off porches around here and I can't guarantee I'll be home when it comes, Once again, thanks for the reply........Larry
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:04 PM   #4

G'day Larry

Like you, I am reluctant to have expensive stuff delivered to the door - although my neighbourhood is extremely safe, it's the 'passing trade' that sees opportunities...

So I get my stuff delivered to the local post office, marked 'for personal collection' and then via photo ID I collect whatever is is

Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:42 PM   #5

Also, The price is the same as if I were to purchase online, and the retail stores that carry them are within a few miles of me. Larry
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:50 AM   #6

Default I got the Panasonic fz 300.

I got the factory discount special of 100.00 off. But the memory card made up for it (149.95) "128 gig #3" had to have the special card because of 4k possibilities. However, I am very happy with this camera. Way more buttons to play with.
i am still playing and trying to understand all my options. My gawd the files are huge. Thanks for the replies....
Just4clix - Larry

Last edited by just4clix; Jul 11, 2019 at 10:38 AM.
just4clix is offline   Reply With Quote