Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 17, 2005, 1:57 AM   #161

Rezajune wrote:
Quote:
Wise, if you go through this sticky all of your questions and then some more will be answered. It does not make sense to keep on asking them. I know that they will be answered because I replied to them already.

So just go through this sticky and take your time reading them. I know how you feel and want everything answered, but at the end if you just take your time reading a lot of past posts, things will slowly make sense to you.
Rezajune, Thanks for the list of recommended accessories for the FZ20. I too will be doing a bit of extreme weather photography and need a polarizer that will be airtight (as much as possible) as moisture will be a concern. I don't want to worry about condensation or other effects on the lens.
I ordered the filter you recommended from BH photo in New York and am having much difficulty getting the correct order as I have been sent 2 used filters (one in extremely poor condition and the other slightly used but with light cleaning scratches) and I'm not quite sure I want to go at it a third time (although they say third times a charm).

Has anyone else experienced these type of problems from B&H photo? I have heard a lot of good things about them here and I was very surprised to be receiving used accessories for a new purchase order. I must say they are working with me so when I call them about the second filter (that I received today) I shall see. I hope I can get to the root of the problem and figure out if there's a routing problem in their computer system or something !!?

I'm running out of time and need to know if you, or anyone else, might have found any other brand of filters that are snug for the Phayee. I might be able to order locally and avoid shipping turnaround time.

Thanks
Jessica

jessica33ftg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:17 AM   #162

Recieved the adapter ring today it is exactly what I was looking for, it basically puts threads on the barrel of the FZ20, it is only strong enough for filters but for a skylight and a Polarizer or close up lens - Perfect Just what I have been after, I also ordered a tethered cap, with the adapter and a UV in place the lens is level with the end of the body when retracted, the cap makes it slightly longer, but it still fits in my OpTec D-Offset no problems, I am very happy and would recommend it to anyone only interested in mounting filters only.:|
[/quote]

Are you still happy with the adapter from nextphoto.net?
I am considering to buy one but haven't found any opinions on the product except yours. I intend to use it with filters only.
Please comment your impressions.

lukkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:04 AM   #163

Raynox RT5264P + 52 mm filter (Hoya Pro 1) : Vignetting? Could not find any comments on this combination, and worried about possible vignetting on wide end.

Thanks!
nikkeknat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:47 AM   #164

?d774]nikkeknat[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Raynox RT5264P + 52 mm filter (Hoya Pro 1) : Vignetting? Could not find any comments on this combination, and worried about possible vignetting on wide end.

Thanks!
This combination is fine but I did experience some vignetting at the wide end when I attached a standard lens hood. I got round this by using a wide angle lens hood.

Regards
chinaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:30 AM   #165

lukkiee wrote:
Quote:
Recieved the adapter ring today it is exactly what I was looking for, it basically puts threads on the barrel of the FZ20, it is only strong enough for filters but for a skylight and a Polarizer or close up lens - Perfect Just what I have been after, I also ordered a tethered cap, with the adapter and a UV in place the lens is level with the end of the body when retracted, the cap makes it slightly longer, but it still fits in my OpTec D-Offset no problems, I am very happy and would recommend it to anyone only interested in mounting filters only.:|

Are you still happy with the adapter from nextphoto.net?
I am considering to buy one but haven't found any opinions on the product except yours. I intend to use it with filters only.
Please comment your impressions.

[/quote]I have one of these and I am very happy with it.
shaun_nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 1:11 PM   #166

One more happy customer of Rong Jin, regarding the snap-on caps and FZ20 adapter: Fast delivery, supreme quality! Highly Recommended!
nikkeknat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 5:05 PM   #167

nikkeknat wrote:
Quote:
One more happy customer of Rong Jin, regarding the snap-on caps and FZ20 adapter: Fast delivery, supreme quality! Highly Recommended!
Please start a new thread this one is worn with tons of misinformation.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:29 AM   #168

Good morning, could you tell me where you got the rubber eyepeice? It is another small blunder Panasonic made. It seemed a natural thing to offer on a fine camera like this. Thank you for your time
dcharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 9:52 AM   #169

Try ebay for a Canon AE-1 eyecup.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 9:11 PM   #170

I'm using a Fujica eyecup on my fz-20 at the moment.

It's a bit small and just sits on with no glue etc., although it will come off if pulled.

How are you guys keeping your eye-cups on? Are you glueing them? If so which glue have you found to be the best with the least mess?

Any help appreciated.

Owen

**** In looking at the original thread topic, I probably should have started a new thread for this. Sorry, Admins please moveto a new thread if needed. *****

owenflynn.com is offline   Reply With Quote