Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:22 AM   #1

Default Video playback on you tube stops and re-starts

When I upload a video to you tube, then play it back on my computer, or anyone else goes to my channel to watch the videos, shortly after the video starts (5 - 10 seconds in) the video will freeze and act like it is buffering, and stops but, the timer keeps running. I have tried "Red" button recording and I have tried putting the camera in video mode. It is frustrating as all get out!
My you tube channel is: "Newburgh Jammers" and the latest video series is called "Wake at the Lake" It is a memorial to one of the musician's friends that just recently passed away, and I was asked to record it. Now it is doing this stupid stop n go crap. HELP! Is it something I did or not have set up right? It hasn't done it to some of the other videos with this camera, Panasonic fz300. I may have to try and video in 4k next time around, though it eats batteries for dinner. To upload videos in 4k it takes up to 5 hours to upload these. I have a Pro Master 128 gig, SD/XC, V60 U3/II card, very expensive to boot. I have been recording these guys since 2008 and none of my other cameras ever had this problem. My other cameras were a Fujifilm S2000HD, and a Fujifilm HS20EXR.
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:23 PM   #2

G'day mate
To me - it sounds like lack of bandwidth / buffering issues ... and is very similar to lots of viewing I have here in outback Oz where internet speeds are in single-digit Mb/sec numbers

I suspect that you might need to trial some stuff at 1080 resolution and see how it goes, before popping up to 4k

ps- as far as chewing up batteries goes - look carefully into the battery compartment and see whether you can DIY a balsa-wood block with terminals placed in appropriate locations to emulate a regular battery, which is then connected to your AC voltage battery saver power pack

Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:08 AM   #3

Thanks Ozzie. I am going to try the lowest record thing 720x ?. Way under 1280. Is there a video where I can see what you're talking about this balsa wood battery thing. I have not been using AC battery power, only portable power that the battery supplies. I have ordered a "Shotgun" Mic and a "Dead cat" to deal with the wind.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:14 AM   #4

Ozzie. By the statement of "chewing up batteries" I did not mean physical damage to them, normally in anything except 4k, I can get 8 to 15 4 minute videos before I have ti change batteries. But in 4k I am lucky to get 5 (1.7 gig file) videos, which take about an hour to upload to you tube, my internet speed here is 200mbps. Thanks, Larry