Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic / Leica dSLR

Old Sep 8, 2006, 3:08 PM   #1

If you've not seen it the L1's been reviewed over at Megapixel's.net and boy does the L1 still look pretty.

http://www.megapixel.net/reviews/pan...-l1/l1-gen.php

Overall score from them was 9.4 for functionality and 9.6 for Photographic Qualities.

The Leica D looks to be a real cracker and would look just as lovely on my E1!

:O :?

Cheers

HarjTT

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2006, 9:20 PM   #2

Favorable review but...

1)Four hundred dollars more than theinitial price.

2)Did the $400 bucks include a fix on the buffer and the double clanging of the shutter, which, if mentioned, I didn't see it.

If the extra $400 holds up then this will surely have included all the ''touch-ups'' on this camera...right? So there is nothing wrong with this camera at all? Hmmm.

Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 1:19 PM   #3

Hi Andy

Didn;t realise there was a price increase on the review. As far as I'm aware it should be priced at $2000USD for the US - probably higher in Canada though.

There's been no indication that a firmware update for the L1 has been released by Pana and I think the double shutter action of the L1 is going to take more than a firmware upgrade to fix - a complete rethink and redesign is what it'll need. One good thing with the L1 is they've supplied an AC adapter for it - for the E1 its an optional extra at around £300 (i.e. $600USD)! Now I wonder if the L1 uses the same battery type as the E1/E300/E330/E500 ? If it does then I'd assume that the AC adapter would be the same and that would be another handy accessory for the E1.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :|
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:12 PM   #4

You are right HarjTT. That price I saw, in a hurry, was from Canada.
Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 7:50 AM   #5

Guys, I just have to say it, from a woman's point of view, this is a very "sexy" looking camera. Now, back to the more important technical stuff....Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:49 PM   #6

Different battery...proprietary Panasonic...retail price in Canada is $2399...extra batteries will run you about $80-90 CDN...the lens treading is 72mm so using the Panasonic filters are about $20 each....there are other accessories available for this camera as well...but they all run about $70+
Renegade_R is offline   Reply With Quote