Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic / Leica dSLR

Old Dec 5, 2006, 1:07 PM   #11

Wow I just checked today and the price seem to dropped to $1399.99 at costco.com

superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 4:13 AM   #12

Unless Panasonic ceases production of the L1, you'll be able to pick it up for around $1200 in the spring.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 1:28 PM   #13

superakuma wrote:
Quote:
Wow I just checked today and the price seem to dropped to $1399.99 at costco.com
If they had started at 1399, they would have sold a lot more cameras.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 1:04 AM   #14

superakuma wrote:
Quote:
Of course as soon as I get ready to grab one they stop selling them.
Graphico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:52 PM   #15

I saw this camera at Best Buy and fell in love with it. However. Best Buy is selling it at full retail at 1999, which in my opinion is 500+ overpriced. Costco it seems, has discontinued it. On this whole BBS system I have seen very little emphasis on Mega Pixels. Why is that. Do Mega Pixels not matter after a certain point? The Lumix is 7 MP. Is that enough? If they come out with a 10 MP camera the day after I buy should it make my stomach churn?
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:17 AM   #16

Recently goes for $1600 on WalMart and Amazon.com web sites.

bkrownd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 1:01 PM   #17

Panasonic may have been oblivious to what the competition was doing when theypriced the L1; obviously, the consumer is not. The Buy It Now prices on eBay for the L1 are $1550-1700; however, checking the completed auctions reveals that the cameras are going unsold. After spending a couple of years with the FZ10 and being quite impressed by it, I waited anxiously for the introduction of the L1. When I saw what Panasonic was asking for it, I immediately purchased a Minolta 5D which I'll soon replace with a Sony A100 for a total upgrade cost of less than $200 (selling 5D, buying A100). Panasonic missed the boat with the L1.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 6:37 PM   #18

lucky2505 wrote:
Quote:

Panasonic may have been oblivious to what the competition was doing when theypriced the L1; obviously, the consumer is not. The Buy It Now prices on eBay for the L1 are $1550-1700; however, checking the completed auctions reveals that the cameras are going unsold. After spending a couple of years with the FZ10 and being quite impressed by it, I waited anxiously for the introduction of the L1. When I saw what Panasonic was asking for it, I immediately purchased a Minolta 5D which I'll soon replace with a Sony A100 for a total upgrade cost of less than $200 (selling 5D, buying A100). Panasonic missed the boat with the L1.
Panasonic doesn't want your money. They are elitist snobs that think they can run in the same circles with Leica fanatics.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:10 PM   #19

Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Panasonic doesn't want your money.* They are elitist snobs that think they can run in the same circles with Leica fanatics.
When they find out differently I'll be ready to buy.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:56 AM   #20

I just bought a US-version L1 at Broadway Photo for $1399. The sales rep didn't push accessories on me, the camera was in stock and delivered overnight, and I have no complaints. Others' experience may differ!
bradbunnin is offline   Reply With Quote