Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic / Leica dSLR

Old Nov 27, 2009, 8:33 AM   #131

Thanks Tulio.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:50 AM   #132

You're welcome.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:54 PM   #133

Impressive images, Tullio-

It great to see you have so much fun with your G-1.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 1:05 PM   #134

Thanks, Sarah. The G1 is indeed a very fun camera but what makes it even more fun is its ability to perform very well with all sorts of MF lenses (with the appropriate adapters, of course). Panasonic has the red model on sale in its website for $599 with the two lenses, which is an absolute bargain.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:35 AM   #135

Default G1 pictures.

Some test-shots with my Panasonic Lumix G1 - what a lovely camera!!

All shots with the G Vario 14-45mm kitlens.

The first one was of course after unboxing in the evening. I had to do a test-shot right away. No motive really but nice test of the White-balance. HDR

Next day saw me poking around in the woods to find a motive - This is what I came up with. Single shot with Orthon-treatment.

On day 3 - I had to take a trip to my dentist in town. Needless to say, I brought my G1 with me and did some test shot. Handheld HDR

I am sorry that some of the shots are in fact HDR's but thats what I intend to use this camera for. I will post some untouched-ones later, as well.

Last edited by Walter_S; Dec 1, 2009 at 8:01 AM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:45 AM   #136

Default G1 pictures - some from today (this very morning) :o)

Some more shots here, mostly untouched, just cropped and re-sharpened after resizing.

All shots with the G Vario 14-45mm kitlens.

Pink Cloud early in the morning the other day:

Vanilla-Clouds in the afternoon.

A panorama-shot, made out of 2 exposures. Stitched in Panorama Maker 4

Same panorama but less resolutions:

This mornings pictures:

# 1 = ISO 100 - The sun bids "Good morning"!

#2 = ISO 400 - Warm morningsun on little red hut.

#3 = ISO 400 - Wooden boat with frost on deck:

Enjoy!

Last edited by Walter_S; Dec 1, 2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Editing out spelling errors :o/
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:30 AM   #137

This camera will carry your photography to quite another level. Outstanding picks and detail.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:39 AM   #138

Walter-

Congratulations on your new Panasonic G-1. As usual you have put the G-1 to very good use with some of your very excellent photos. It looks like this is the real creative tool you have been looking for.

Enjoy your new camera and we look forward to more of your wonderfully detailed photos. Have a great day. My G-1 is scheduled to arrive on Friday, 04 December. It will be an early Christmas present.

Sarah Joyce

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:13 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
This camera will carry your photography to quite another level. Outstanding picks and detail.
Well, I will have to work harder now, nobody will forgive a dSLR-shooter the way they forgave me when shooting with a P&S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
- It looks like this is the real creative tool you have been looking for.
- My G-1 is scheduled to arrive on Friday, 04 December. It will be an early Christmas present.
Thank you, Sarah Joyce - you have something to look forward to. It's such a nice camera. I felt instantly "at home" with it and it feels great in my hands too, so compact and sturdy. That fold-out TFT-screen is something! So easy to compose your picture with it when on the tripod!! You can turn it any way you want to avoid glare. Its great! And I love it!

So much to learn and to try out, but that's always fun on a new camera.

I'm not sure though that it will be my "one and only" - the low-light capabilities are not so great - I think. I used to do a lot of night-shooting with my FZ-28 and I liked it.

With the G1 it's mostly the issue with the EVF and LiveFiew on the TFT when shooting in near dark conditions. I have only had the chance one evening (when it did not rain) to set up my tripod and do some night-shots. What I have seen that night, it's not the best solution - unless I have done something wrong in my set-up...

It's early days yet. I leave you to find out a few things for meg, Sarah Joyce !

Have a nice week!

Last edited by Walter_S; Dec 1, 2009 at 4:19 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:04 PM   #140

Default I just realized - I'm in the wrong thread! This is the GH1-thread....

...and I am going on and on about my new G1 - But, what the heck. It's almost the same camera (different kit-lens) so I go on like before. If anybody objects, pleas say so. I hope the owner of this thread - DonalDuc - will forgive me:

Anyway, I just want to post one more post, this time with pictures taken with the Olympus M. Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2,8 also called the "Pancake".

This lens came with the camera and I had to try it out. AF works very fine and fast, all auto-functions as well.

That day it alternately rained and the the sun shone...

The heavy clouds raced across the sky, giving overcast one minute and sunshine the oyher - Constantly changing light!

The rocks looked great after the rain!

But it was a challenge to expose to this ever-changing light, specially with a new camera.

I had a good feeling though, about the camera, the lens and everything - I liked it!!

And then some middle-exposures:

Now, don't be too harsh on me - not yet, anyway. These are just test-shots to try out this new camera and the "Pancake"...
Attached Images