Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Panasonic / Leica dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-dslr-86/)
-   -   butterfly (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-dslr/158679-butterfly.html)

Donna A. Aug 20, 2009 11:47 AM

butterfly

1 Attachment(s)
here is one with the kit lens.

Greg Chappell Aug 23, 2009 1:55 AM

Donna, it looks like you are enjoying your camera!

For whatever reason, Panasonic and Olympus micro four-thirds users simply do not utilize this page very much, which one or two exceptions. While you will get a few responses here, you would be much better served participating in the micro four-thirds and/or Panasonic forums over on DPReview. Lots of users, tons of images being posted and lots of ideas get exchanged over there. Maybe it'll catch on here yet, but it's often like a ghost town on this forum.

Donna A. Aug 23, 2009 7:52 AM

sorry to hear that. as I am also active in flickr forums which are teeming with questions, answers and photos...I bought this little camera for travel and am toying with the ideas of the longer zoom...hoping for more lens options in the future. I come from a canon 5D that I use for portraits etc and love, but wanted something small, sharp and versatile for trips. so far this fits the bill.

Tullio Aug 24, 2009 6:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Chappell (Post 994259)
While you will get a few responses here, you would be much better served participating in the micro four-thirds and/or Panasonic forums over on DPReview. ...

Greg is right. The Panasonic and micro 4/3 forums at dpreview are very active. However, participants tend to have more of an attitude over there.

Donna A. Aug 24, 2009 7:37 PM

ugh attitude....I will post a few photos here. you never know.

Tullio Aug 24, 2009 10:51 PM

I find participants here at Steve's to be a lot friendlier.

Donna A. Aug 25, 2009 9:02 AM

thanks. I have been so busy this weekend with some photo work, I haven't had much chance to use the pana. I am also looking at the other lens, the long zoom...but also wanting something faster, and I do have the 50 f1.8 (zuiko) but need adapters... hopefully today and tomorrow I can shoot the pana.

Tullio Aug 25, 2009 10:58 AM

I believe 50mm lens you mentioned will only fit on the camera with the adapter but it will not operate automatically but I'm not 100% sure. This is important to people who don't like to use manual focus and adjustments.

Donna A. Aug 25, 2009 11:26 AM

yes, I know and I don't know how much I want to do that. though I like the pana manual focus.

gjtoth Aug 25, 2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tullio (Post 994760)
Greg is right. The Panasonic and micro 4/3 forums at dpreview are very active. However, participants tend to have more of an attitude over there.

Absolutely true! VERY clique-ish. And, there are 2-3 over there that are downright insulting.