Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic / Leica dSLR

Old Dec 10, 2009, 4:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Well, Tullio - They wouldn't sell to me anyway, so no sweat. I'll just have to forget about 3rd party-batteries anyway. The onse they sell here in Norway are Panasonic only.

Thanks for the offer, I might just take you up on it. My camera is still on F/W 1.0.
You're not missing much. I don't believe in 3rd party batteries. I've had a few over the years and my experience has been that they all work well in the beginning but in a few months they start loosing the ability to hold the charge. Of course some may be a bit better than others but I have decided that the $20 I save by going with 3rd party batt is not worth the risk of having them damaging my camera.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2009, 4:36 PM   #22
Super Moderator

I agree. I stay away from 3rd party batteries altogether. Paying the little extra for the manufacturers battery is worth it for the performance and safety of your equipment.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2009, 1:48 AM   #23

I am using for all my cameras 3rd party batteries - price $4 - $8 including free shipping (Hongkong). All are working well - also with Pana G1/GH1
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:31 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
I am using for all my cameras 3rd party batteries - price $4 - $8 including free shipping (Hongkong). All are working well - also with Pana G1/GH1
Yes, they do work and yes, some a much cheaper. The thing is, they are not made to the same standards as original batteries are. So, I will not compromise my $700+ investment in favor of saving $30 on batteries. This is like buying a Jaguar and use AM/PM 87 gasoline to save some pennies. But, that's me.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:44 AM   #25

BTW: Tullio - I have sent you an e-mail through Steve's system, concerning the bin-file in posting #19...
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2009, 5:50 AM   #26

everyone should do what he believes ...
There is no reason to pay 10x price for batteries. Panasonic's batteries are Made in China :-)
MY chinese batteries - there is no difference, hehe, except price.
If I'm driving a Maserati I don't have to fill in Champagner from 1848
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote