Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic / Leica dSLR

Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:42 AM   #51

Hi Walter,

I personally am glad that KoolPC and Frank commented on your photos yesterday as I totally missed your beautiful images the 1st time around.

As good as the G1 is, the results you've posted show that the camera is in the hands of a master.

And your correct, many of the regulars stay within their respective forums and don't venture out to the others to enjoy the quality being posted.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:33 PM   #52

Thank you all - Koolpc, frank-in-toronto and zig-123 - for your kind words. Did't think this thread (which was kind of 'closed' many months ago) would make it to the front ever again...

Sorry, Koolpc - I am not good at recommending others what camera to buy. To me, the G1 (which has been replaced by the G 2, by the way) is the ideal camera and I love it - but then I'm not into sports or other fast moving motives! For landscapes and on a tripod - it's perfect!

Others have different use in mind and would better be off with something else. There is no 'perfect camera' for all uses.

To frank: Cobblestones at night can become quite nice to shoot with the right light, especially if the stones are moist / wet. It gives reflections off every stone!

To zig: Appreciate your most kind comments. I'm long behind a master like you, though. I'v seen your Distinctive Note Cards on smugmug - Great cards and very delicately done!
:^)
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 3:54 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Thank you all - Koolpc, frank-in-toronto and zig-123 - for your kind words. Did't think this thread (which was kind of 'closed' many months ago) would make it to the front ever again...
Like Zig said, I'm glad this thread was catapulted back to the top of the charts (!) as I too had missed it first time around... once again, perhaps echoing earlier sentiments, your images are sublime. You obviously live in a beautiful part of the world, and have some wonderful scenery to capture, but regardless, your images do still prove that it's not all about the equipment!

I've tried to do my bit for the Lumix G-series community by starting some lens sample threads over in the 'new' Panasonic Micro Four Thirds Forum - have a look when you get a mo, as I'd appreciate the feedback of a Lumix Master

Quick note to mods: why have only some threads like these been moved over to the MFT forums? This one featuring Walter's beautiful images (and notable others, such as DonalDuc's "GH1" thread) surely should be relocated...? Just wondering.
mrmacmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 3:57 PM   #54

His pics are inspirational. I like the camera too. Hope he posts more pics on here!
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:53 PM   #55

I use "New Posts" if I'm on a few times in one day. I usually don't even look to see which forum they're posted in. If I'm away for a while, I'll just poke thru forums that interest me. I'm of wavering opinion whether photos "belong" to a particular camera. Sometimes perhaps. Usually, I'd say not.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2010, 5:33 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
T

To zig: Appreciate your most kind comments. I'm long behind a master like you, though. I'v seen your Distinctive Note Cards on smugmug - Great cards and very delicately done!
:^)
Dear Walter,

I'm, by no means, a master. Just someone with too much time on his hands and spends most of it with an eye behind the viewfinder.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2010, 2:33 PM   #57

Anymore pics with your G1?
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:58 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpc View Post
Anymore pics with your G1?
Have not planned any, really.

Ever since I got my Nikon D300 (bought used in September) I have tried to get familiarized with it and like it very much, so my G1 stays behind. It has become my back-up camera to be there, just in case I need one.

But all's not lost yet, becaus I have to ship my D300 in for a Check&Clean soon (comes free here in Norway) once a year for the first 3 years.

In that case, I'll be without it for at least 4-6 weeks - so maybe I'll shoot with my G1 again.

Best regards,
W_S
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote