Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic / Leica dSLR

Old May 7, 2013, 4:06 AM   #1

Default panasonic fz45

hi,
i hope i am in the right place. i am a pensioner so not very good with modern camera`s. so i hope one of you might help me. i have a panasonic fz45 camera, i had to have a new hard drive on my laptop. so i need to install the picture importing tool. i did have the installation disk, but the wife, [ harry hoodini ] has made it disappear. i don`t want to just download something from the internet when i am not sure of it. so if one of you can help me find the right download please.
thanks in advance.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2013, 8:09 AM   #2

Sorry I do not fully understand your problem/question.It seems that you would like to transfer the pictures from your camera to your compter.

you could accomplish this in two ways,you could connect the camera itself to your computer using the appropriate cable provided with your camera or just take out the memory card from your camera and insert it in the built-in card reader on your computer.If your computer does not have a built in-card reader you can attach an external card reader to your computer and transfer the pictures using the windows photo gallery,or you can download the free and easy FastStone picture viewer from WWW.filehippo.com to import and organize your photos.You can also use the Google Picassa etc. for the same purpose.
I hope that helps
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 3:45 PM   #3

Default panasonic fz45

thank you for your reply, i will try to explain my problem a little better.
when i used to connect my camera by cable or external card reader, it used to show on screen. do i want to scan this device for problems, then a small box with the option to view the pictures or import them. but now my computer asks if i want to scan, but the other options do not come up on my screen to view or import. i hope this explains a little better.
john.
Old May 8, 2013, 4:39 AM   #4

If you are using windows.Go to start button.Open the start menue.Click "computer".The window thus opened should show all your drives.It will also show your memory card.Click or double click to open it. You should see all the picture files.In fact windows will give you an option to import your pictures as soon as you connect a card reader to it,asking you to either view,copy or import them.
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2013, 2:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanaclick View Post
If you are using windows.Go to start button.Open the start menue.Click "computer".The window thus opened should show all your drives.It will also show your memory card.Click or double click to open it. You should see all the picture files.In fact windows will give you an option to import your pictures as soon as you connect a card reader to it,asking you to either view,copy or import them.

I think that's what the OP means. The "Autoplay" pop-up doesn't appear when he connects the card reader.

I can't remember how I did it, but does it have to be set to activate by default. I think I had to do that after a computer repair at one time, but I can't remember how I did it.
BBbuilder467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013, 2:41 AM   #6

Default panasonic fz45

yes bbbuilder467, that is exactly what i tried to say, but it did until 10 days ago, so maybee i have altered something which i should not have done.thanks for your help.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:16 AM   #7

I think if you click on the start button and bring up the screen, it shows "default programs". Go to that and see if you can set the Autoplay to default.

I think that's what happened to me once. Somehow it got turned off.

If it's activated by default, then with the driver installed, when the device is connected that Autoplay window comes up and gives the options for view or download, etc.
BBbuilder467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 6:29 PM   #8

Default panasonic fz45

i would like to thank the people that have tried to help me on this forum. but i have found the answer to my problem, so i though i would post the answer just in case someone else has the same problem.
answer. it would not display the options that i was looking for to import my pictures because their is a FAULT on my MEMORY CARD. it will take pictures with it and store them, but for some reason it will not transfer them to my computer.
NEW CARD.
john.