Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic / Leica dSLR

Old May 15, 2006, 9:44 AM   #11

maxpixels wrote:
Quote:
Greg, do you have a few 14mm, super wide angle shots you could show us?

Before investing in a digital SLR lens systemsuper wide performances arewhat I'm really interested in. Converters on superzoom 10x-12x cameras are just that - converters and you get what you pay for.

Thanks

Max
I have a few on my Smugmug site here:

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/gallery/1207184

An here are a couple just posted by another user at DPReview.com. Make sure and click on his images to get the full view:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=18444063

A Spectacular lens. On May 28 I leave for 12 days in Paris and plan to have numerous images from this lens online shortly after returning.

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2006, 9:06 AM   #12

All beautiful and inspiring work!

Bon voyage for Paris!

And while you're there maybe you can take a quick trip to the Eiffel Tower and do a like-for-like shot with this one I took a few years back with a 19mm Elmarit 2.8 series I lens. The comparison with the new generation wide angle lenseswill be very interesting

Only problem will be the pool may no longer be there. And the trees will surely have leaves on now, where this was taken in the dead of winter and there was no obstruction to see the tower or refelctions in the pool.

Max

Attached Images

maxpixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2006, 7:07 PM   #13

Awesome...all those lights. Never been to Europe. I've not looked forward to any trip more than this.
Old May 17, 2006, 2:03 AM   #14

Also lots of great night shots along the banks of the River Seine. There are big tourist passenger ferries (bateaux mouches) going past all the time. They have enough flood lights for a football stadium andlight up3 or 4 buildings wideon theclosest bank to themas they sail by - and the bridges.

Easy to shoot panoramic panning video clipswith their lightsas well.

Take some good walking shoes. Only way to see Paris, and certainly to photograph it.
Use the Metro with a book (carnet)of tickets.

Montmartre, with the littlecobbled streets, passages, staircases and rooftops - at dawn. Before the tourist crowds!

La Defense - lots of new buildings.

Hope the weather is good, bright clear mornings of June, and clear magic hours. You will have a ball.

Looking forward to see the results

Max

Old Jun 13, 2006, 5:06 PM   #15

Hi again,Max.

Just got back from Paris. Beautiful, wonderful city. I didn't make it over to the Eiffel Tower for a night shot, but here are images I've posted so far to my website, of which there are a few shots of the tower I did with the 7-14 set to 7mm:

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/gallery/1547796

Still have many others I will be posting over the next several days. Never dealt with this many images at one time before.It takes a while to get through 1,500 RAW files!
Old Jun 24, 2006, 1:34 PM   #16

Beautiful work. Great website.

Looking forward to see your next trip!

Max