Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic / Leica dSLR

Old May 1, 2006, 5:08 PM   #1

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/

The Lumix website has some info from the design/manufacturing engineers on the main page. Some interesting bits and from what i could make out we could be seeing the L1 pretty soon.

"The appearance of the L1 also marks a big step forward for the LUMIX series itself. I'm personally very excited that the time has come for us to share this model with our customers.
I'd very much like to encourage those of you who have used the digital SLR cameras produced by our competitors to pick up an L1 and try it for yourself. After all, the pictures you take with one camera are going to be quite different from those you take with another. I'm sure you'll discover that the L1 has a completely different character from any other camera that you may already own. Once you've tried it, we'd be very pleased indeed if you'd take the time to share your impressions with us."
HarjTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2006, 12:54 AM   #2

Interesting! I like the philosophy and the care that has gone into it. I have made the move from my FZ30 to the Minolta Maxxum 5D DSLR. I love it! I wonder how the Lumix will compare.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 2:40 AM   #3

It's a pity the 'R' series lenses don't fit this camera.

Max

maxpixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 9:56 AM   #4

Rainer

I think its going to be interesting times ahead and I'm looking forward to seeing how the L1 really is hands on . I'm keeping all options open esp as Sony now that they own KM and they will be intro'ing a new SLR this summer too. How are you finding the KM 5D and the IS ?

Max

I think you should be able to use the Leica R lenses with the L1 - I've seen one person use them with his Oly E330 with a R to 4/3 adapter and here's the thread:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

Cheers

Harj
Old May 23, 2006, 2:02 PM   #5

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Rainer

I think its going to be interesting times ahead and I'm looking forward to seeing how the L1 really is hands on . I'm keeping all options open esp as Sony now that they own KM and they will be intro'ing a new SLR this summer too. How are you finding the KM 5D and the IS ?

Max

I think you should be able to use the Leica R lenses with the L1 - I've seen one person use them with his Oly E330 with a R to 4/3 adapter and here's the thread:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

Cheers

Harj

Harj,

Sorry I missed this until now. The IS works very well on the KM5D. That's something I could not let go after owning the FZ20 and 30. I was on a modeling photoshoot at a photographer's house who had a Canon EOS 20D, and while the photos were pretty much identical in quality, he had a lot of blurred ones. We did a lot of indoor shooting without flash.

Here is a sample. Most of the shots the other guy took with his Canon were blurred in the same lighting. So I am VERY happy with this camera. And I am looking forward to the new generation from Sony, but I am in no rush to make a move. As far as I am concerned, I am not ever going to buy a DSLR without CCD-based IS. Something Panasonic should really look into. Image stabilized Leica lenses will be a huge cost factor.

Rainer

euromaninla.zoto.com/galleries

Attached Images

Old May 26, 2006, 6:47 PM   #6

Rainer

I'm off the same opinion - any cam I upgrade too has to have IS period. I'm not sure why the Pana has the IS in the lens but that could be down to patents that KM and now Sony own and Pana woudl rather not pay out lic'ing fees to Sony. On another note, the new Sony Alpha apparently is due within the next few weeks and now we have the new Pentax DSLR's with in cam IS. Interesting times ahead. i'm suprised the Canon dude either didnt crank up the ISO to 1600 or use a fast prime lens esp as you were shootign without flash.

Any more shots from the photoshoot.

Cheers

HarjTT

:|
Old May 26, 2006, 9:25 PM   #7

Go to my galleries at http://euromaninla.zoto.com/galleries and click on Portraits and Erotica. There are a few shots. Watch out though, the further you get into them the more parental guidance you will need.

"i'm suprised the Canon dude either didnt crank up the ISO to 1600 or use a fast prime lens esp as you were shootign without flash."

He might have gotten too excited by thesight of my lady friend.