Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic / Leica dSLR

Old May 25, 2007, 12:09 AM   #11

Hi Harjjt.

Thanks for giving me credit but actually I just assumed it did in fact have something to do with a version update after reading the other thread. So the conclusion to be drawn is there must be another L1 color someplace. Otherwise why wasn't the L1 designated ''K'' in the beginning. As you can tell I haven't been keeping up with this lately.

I thought by now, since last October or so, I would have had a DSLR by now but house repairs have been getting in the way.

Tommccarty,whatdo you mean when you say you miss ISO? Is it harder to get to on the L1than some other camera?

Keep talking guys because eventually you will factor into my decision to buy. I need all the help I can get.
Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 10:49 AM   #12

I "miss" because I am not yet astute enough to check my settings.
I will run out front and take a few pictures.. burst, bracketing, A priority etc.. and then come in and find nothing in focus ( fingeer in the way
or exposure really off... stupid sun orientation.. just dumb things I have to train my self to do with little thought...
ISO I have learned to check, exposure, etc.. learning something every day.. just like computers.. as a senior now, it takes a bit more process.
after taking many pictures yesterday, I then remembered to check my "film modes" and saw I was on dynamic and not nature.. since I was shooting flowers outside, I was again learning subtle differences. Minor, but this is so not a P&S and the learning curve-process coming from the FZ20 is just a joy... and this forum helps a lot in that as we all know
I love this camera and am now thinking of getting another for my oldest daughter or having as a back up. I will be looking for the L2 and can't wait for the LX 250 25mm 1.4 to become available again. (I did confirm 15000 were recalled so we might see them soon
There is something about this camera, cannot tell you in words.... but it is a keeper. And the forum members are the best in the panaconic-leica-oly-
realm. Being able to use the Oly and Sigma lens as well is just a bonus.
Take the riask ( zero in my case ) and go to the store and rent or borrow one. If you were close you could use mine.
tommccarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 1:49 PM   #13

Tommccarty,

thanks for your input.

I'm a senior as well at 64. I have to say however my picture-taking days have been on a continual decline since my two daughters are grown at 32 and 34. So the ''novelty'' has worn offconsiderably and my wife has told me as much in no uncerttain terms. That said I do have two grandsons that should fit the bill. Yet it ''seems'' like there is no real time to get involved in it anymore. Of course one can callit for whatit reallyis: laziness

As for the L1 it really helps to have someone who is actually having a hands-on experience. I've always, since its introduction, beenvery interested in this particular camera. My only ''problem'' now is I can't find one in the local area to actually get a livefeel for it. I've looked at many of the middleclass topgun DSLRsbut I always drift back to the L1. And this is from a 25 year Canon user (way before digital). I can sense the time is drawing nigh to do something about my laziness.

Thanks again.
Old May 25, 2007, 8:03 PM   #14

As a lark I googled Akron

See this page.. copy and paste in a browser

http://photo.net/neighbor/view-one?n...hbor_id=177125

F-Stop Camera Corp
guy raves about the service.. maybe? loaner?
Old May 26, 2007, 8:57 PM   #15

I'm quite familiar with Fstop. It was very local at 2-3 miles from me. I do believe they quitthe business very recently. I will double check just in case I made a mistake.
Old May 29, 2007, 11:41 PM   #16

harjTT
Here is one of the first few I took with the Oly lens on a L1
I did not even get to the film modes or much of anything. Just out of the box and shot..
Attached Images