Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:09 PM   #1

Here is a shot I took while keeping an appt. at the Univ. of Maryland. Is this picture boring? Let me know how you see it. Donna
Attached Images

D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:38 PM   #2

Boring????? Nope, No Way & Not At All

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7

D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
Here is a shot I took while keeping an appt. at the Univ. of Maryland. Is this picture boring? Let me know how you see it. Donna
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:05 AM   #3

Donna, I agree with Roger. Cityscapes are not my thing but I always admire those who capture them effectively and you have done so with that shot

Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 8:48 AM   #4

Thanks Roger and Fred, the butterflies and hummers are about over here and I don't have macro lens so I was looking in another direction for photo opportunities...I appreciate you comments. donna
Old Sep 5, 2006, 12:47 PM   #5

Donna, when I scrolled down to view the picture my first thought to theas-viewed picture was the strong horizontal line at the bottom all the way across. Then I quicklynoticed my scroll bar, which I then moved the picture to the left breaking up this very strong line frame- to-frame.

Now I'm at your mercy.:-)We can walk right into the picture without having to climb over anything. Now we can see the vertical and circular and horizontal lines for what they are: a complimentary presence. Now the not-so-strong horizontal line at the bottom can be viewed as an invitation to walk right into thepicture toreally check out the architecture.

Good thinking on your part in this photographand shoddy thinking on mine to not have realized your intent from the beginning.

I know, I know, I should have known but...:G
Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 1:41 PM   #6

Thanks Andrew, I knew I could count on you to understand this picture. Thanks for commenting, I hope as long as I post, you will comment, good or bad. Donna
Old Sep 5, 2006, 3:41 PM   #7

HI DOnna

Thats a nice city scape shot- like the way you've framed the pic and the clouds in between .

Cheers

HarjTT

:O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:00 PM   #8

Thanks HarjTT for your comments...I enjoy your pictures and comments on both forums. Donna
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:52 PM   #9

Woops forgot to mention why I liked the clouds - The clouds in the middle seem to be floating and just bouncing off the tower in the middle of the shot and then they blend into the tower and seem to pass through it. The only part of the pic that I would change would be to have taken the shot without the lower rectangluar block in the way as it takes away from the shot but I'm sure if it was possible you would have.

Cheers

HarjTT

:|
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:41 PM   #10

Very interesting shot Donna! I find my eyes searching from building to building gathering in all the detail. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote