Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 7, 2006, 1:12 PM   #1

Was at out local botanical gardens today, and took some macros.

Took out my Nikon 6T and Sigma close up to shoot again. Also with the Raynox250. depending on the mag rates, I will switch the lens accordingly.

FZ10+6T or 6T+Sigma CU or DCR250, F8, ISO50, 1/60-1/100s, 2 diffused flash.

#1: Damselfly portrait
This again is a cloned from 2 images...1 with the head sharp, and the other withthe body more in focus.

#2: What are you looking at!

#3: Side view

#4: A flat looking bug

#5 A pair of ants

#6: Nymph stink bugs

#7: Dancing spider

#8: Kidney Garden Spider (less 2 legs) with tiny....

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2006, 2:05 PM   #2

There's no question that you have atalent for taking these types of shots.

The other amazing thing is the cast of characters you have to photograph. I'm really starting to get bug envy. The eyes on that damselfly are extraordinary, and that grasshopper looks like something that might be on another planet.

All fascinating. Thanks for giving us such a great view of them.
RedStickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 2:56 PM   #3

Red Stick Man said it so well!!!! love all of your macro bugs and you sure have interesting bugs in Singapore!!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 6:12 PM   #4

Great sereis again, Tchuanye.

IMO it's a good think to take body parts from other photos where they are in focus. It improves a lot and is generally an easy PP to do.

I have recently found that if I use my external flash in my left hand it is very good for the stability to have a flash bracket mounted in the tripod screw under my FZ20.
I don't have the flash fixed atop the bracket (I like to easily move it) but while I hold it in my hand I can also keep the bracket with the arm to povide more stability for the camera (which can become heavy to old with the only right hand after some hours).

Must test more about the difference between diffused ext flash (with the same biscuits paper you actually use) and bounced (not with white paper) with silver paper or a bristle covered withsilver sheets (those used in the kitchen for preserving aliments) which has different bouncing response if used as it is or instead after crumpling.
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 9:53 AM   #5

Excellent macro photography again tchuanye! I love #5 (a pair of ants). I really appreciate your macro photography as it gives me the opportunity to see bugs that I've never seen before.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:31 PM   #6

RedStickMan wrote:
Quote:
There's no question that you have atalent for taking these types of shots.

The other amazing thing is the cast of characters you have to photograph. I'm really starting to get bug envy. The eyes on that damselfly are extraordinary, and that grasshopper looks like something that might be on another planet.

All fascinating. Thanks for giving us such a great view of them.
Thanks v much for your kind comments!

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:32 PM   #7

annie57 wrote:
Quote:
Red Stick Man said it so well!!!! love all of your macro bugs and you sure have interesting bugs in Singapore!!!!
Heh heh....yeh....but had hard time finding them!

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:34 PM   #8

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Great sereis again, Tchuanye.

IMO it's a good think to take body parts from other photos where they are in focus. It improves a lot and is generally an easy PP to do.

I have recently found that if I use my external flash in my left hand it is very good for the stability to have a flash bracket mounted in the tripod screw under my FZ20.
I don't have the flash fixed atop the bracket (I like to easily move it) but while I hold it in my hand I can also keep the bracket with the arm to povide more stability for the camera (which can become heavy to old with the only right hand after some hours).

Must test more about the difference between diffused ext flash (with the same biscuits paper you actually use) and bounced (not with white paper) with silver paper or a bristle covered withsilver sheets (those used in the kitchen for preserving aliments) which has different bouncing response if used as it is or instead after crumpling.
I know what you mean abt the support, as I find that a help too! I now handhold the flash on the left hand and position it on the right, so that I am shooting over my left forearm, resting the camera on the forearm. Good support too! So the other flash is on the left with the flash bracket.

The biscuit paper you are mentioning is actually made of plastic. Not sure if you have it there, but we use it here for art work, poster board backing etc.

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:35 PM   #9

Macnite wrote:
Quote:
Excellent macro photography again tchuanye! I love #5 (a pair of ants). I really appreciate your macro photography as it gives me the opportunity to see bugs that I've never seen before.

Emmanuel
Thanks!