Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 22, 2006, 7:08 PM   #91

thanks dcresource!

(although we knew most of this accept the price)
Quote:
from http://www.dcresource.com/

"...In addition to the M8, Leica also introduced three not-so-original cameras. The Digilux 3, V-Lux 1, and D-Lux 3 are all rebadged Panasonic cameras, with just minor image quality tweaks. The Digilux 3 is the same as the DMC-L1 digital SLR, the V-Lux 1 is the DMC-FZ50, and the D-Lux 3 is the DMC-LX2..."

gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 1:49 PM   #92

Can the FZ50 use classic SD cards 4gb? we know it should accept the new SDHC cards but i can t find which cards size on panasonic site.

I remember that FZ30 can only use SD until 2Gb.

Who can tell us?

PS: i should have my FZ50 the 12 october weeeeeee
mage813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 1:59 PM   #93

As I recall it will accept the 4gb cards. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:46 PM   #94

I found this over at the Leica forum, this guy is a US based Leica rep, and I quote

"The obvious difference between the two unequal sisters is without a doubt the unique design of the LEICA DIGLUX 2. Leica is a welcome change from the mainstream "Japanese design". The design is reminiscent of the M System cameras and therefore easily fits into the Leica range. The clear arrangement of all operating elements makes handling this camera extremely simple and is very quick to learn. It is important to know that the two camera models provide very different picture results. This is due to the different settings on the internal camera software, responsible for the contrast, the color saturation and edge definition. The three factors can be set to three different stages (Low - Standard - High) on the camera. Leica has deliberately agreed to a more neutral setting here. Our Standard setting therefore corresponds to Panasonic's Low setting. The Panasonic Lumix cameras cannot reach our Low setting. The point of this is that dedicated photographers prefer to process their images afterwards in Photoshop. To do this they need as neutral an image as possible from the camera. If the image from the camera has been defined too strongly or if the color saturation is too high, this is naturally much more difficult to correct afterwards. Customer who do not want to post-edit their images can individualize their shots with the appropriate camera settings for focus, color and contrast. Furthermore, with Adobe Photoshop Elements and ACDSee we supply software with an excellent reputation with the camera.

The Panasonic model comes with Arc Software and a 16MB SD card. The Digilux 2 comes with a 64MB SD card. We have a 3 year warranty, I don't know what the LC1 warranty is."

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:12 PM   #95

Riley do you have a link to the Leica forum? Jim
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:16 PM   #96

sure Jim

http://www.leica-camera-user.com/digital-forum/

you might have to join to comment etc

Riley
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:25 PM   #97

Thanks Riley! Jim
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:52 PM   #98

theres another reference to my post here Jim

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...lux+2&qf=m

and here

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...lux+2&qf=m

Riley
Old Sep 24, 2006, 4:02 PM   #99

Thanks Riley! I'll check those out also. I appreciate any info you come across regarding the V-Lux-1. Jim