Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 13, 2006, 1:20 AM   #31

#2 This is one of the pictures from the review Phranque spoke of, 200%(no Exif file).
Attached Images

tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 1:21 AM   #32

#3 This a picture from a FZ30 at 200%... This is why I'm questioning the pictures in the review. I took approx. 800 pictures with the 50 at all known settings, hand hefd, and tripod and the best pictures I could get at 100% or 200% were like the first picture shown! Loss of detail and smearing among other problems! If the pictures from the 50 were as good as what they are showing in the review I would have kept the camera! I don't believe the camera I had was defective either! As I said I would like to see the exif files on those pictures! Jim
Attached Images

Old Sep 13, 2006, 7:00 AM   #33

Jim

Maybe you have made some mistake in your comparison: the 50 200.jpg you linked two posts above here is not a 200% crop, it's a 200% enlargment of the resized image. 200% (crop) would mean that you take the (true) 100% image, thus the 10Mp photo, and enlarge by 2 times a certain part of it. Therefore a 200% crop from the woman photo, would showyou only her eye.

Note that in theDPreview, EXIF are imbeddedin the full 10Mp (4,5Mb) images only, which can be downloaded.

Narmer

PS DonalDuck
Not so neat IMO if it was a daytime image.
But knowing it was shot in the night, at 50sec (any wind would blur the plants) it is really impressive.
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:07 PM   #34

Namer, Sorry! Your right I meant 200% enlargement. I'll take a look at the exif on the other pictures. I just can't believe those were taken with the same camera I tested, unless they were taken in RAW! Jim
Old Sep 13, 2006, 4:59 PM   #35

Hello tiger98,

There has been such a wide spread of image quality from those who have posted up and down the web. It's puzzling !

I wouldn't dare to conclude as you have (about the monkey)that "I would have to question the valitity of the picture !!! ", but I would love to have a go with the FZ50 to see for myself.

One thing that I have noticed on ALL threads, nobody yet has had a bad word to say about the lens - I've not found single mention of CA, for instance, which surprises me.

That monkey sure is good!

Frank
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 5:53 PM   #36

Frank, Your right about the monkey and most of the other images! I was really surprised to see that level of quality after working with the camera for over two weeks and taking hundreds of pictures, that's why I questioned the images! I tried very hard during the time I had the camera to make myself like the images but just never found that they were AS GOOD OR BETTER than my FZ30 ! Believe me no one was more disappointed than I was! I really wanted the camera. Maybe I had a camera from the first batch shipped, maybe the pictures on the review was from a later batch ??? It's just had to believe the quality got that much better. I'm still puzzled! As to the lens, it's the same as on the 30 and is a GREAT lens! I would love to see some pictures from somebody on this forum, I would trust those more than on some of the reviews. Jim