Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 13, 2006, 2:15 PM   #1

i don't want to toot my own horn too loudly, but my photo of the bubble on the stalk of grass seems to be generating even more interest lately. i got a call from my local paper, they wanted to run an article on the photo appearing in the National Geographic, and they wanted my pic to go along with it. so i met their photographer at the park where i took the pic, and the first words out of his mouth were, "you amateurs get all the breaks!" he was smiling when he said it, but i suspect there was at least a little bit of bitterness behind it... anyway, he snapped my photo, and once again, i was surprised this morning to see my smiling mug splashed all over the front page of the local paper, along with a re-print of the original bubble photo and a rather lengthy article! i was even more astonished when i got to work and learned from a co-worker that he'd heard a story about it on a majorlocal news radio station!! :O

now if i can only find a way to parlay this into something more than just a flash in the pan.... :? the timing is pretty good, though, because i'm taking some enlargements to a frame shop this evening; the gal there wants to frame them and sell them for me, so perhaps the newspaper piece will create some name recognition, and since the bubble is one of the shots she's gonna have on her wall, i might get some sales out of it!!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2006, 2:23 PM   #2

Good for you Squirl.....and if I remember that photo correctly, you deserve some recognition, as it was very good.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 2:46 PM   #3

squirl033 congratulations on the BUBBLE excitement.

I am not sure how to do this but I will try. A suggestion.

If I were you I would try to take advantage of the free publicity the photo is giving you. You are very good with your cameras and I think they are definitely good enough that people would pay for them.

You have been very helpful with my plans for a new DSL camera and I might be able to help you with some ideas. I do sell a lot of stuff on the Internet. I don't want to bore everybody to death with the details so if you are interested in some of my ideas back channel me.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 2:58 PM   #4

Post picsture?:G I havent seen it
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 3:41 PM   #5

Here is a link to the photo. IMHO one amazing photo.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=squirl+bubble

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 3:48 PM   #6

What a wonderful photo! Stunning! Can you say what camera you used? Anyway, congratulations. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 3:48 PM   #7

Congratulations squirrel!!!! So great to see you get the recognition you deserve!!!and "amateur"???? I do not think so!!!! Your photos are great and you help others so much and what an opportunity for you...do not forget those of us still in diapers!!!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 3:54 PM   #8

D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
What a wonderful photo! Stunning! Can you say what camera you used? Anyway, congratulations. Donna
thanks, Donna. that was shot with my Canon 30D and Sigma EX 80-400 lens. i don't normally cross-post stuff here that i took with that camera, since this is a Panasonic forum, but i've been here quite a while, and i know i have friends here who enjoy my better shots regardless of what i took them with...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 3:57 PM   #9

Back in your original post, I mentioned that this was one heck of prize photo, and it sure is proving to be. Yours ears must still be ringing from the echos of accolades, espescially from your forum friends.

Congratulations, once again.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 4:26 PM   #10

May your bubble last forever!

....and please stay in contact.
All the past members should continue to post here! Any kind of comparison or improvement will help us.

Sven

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote