Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 19, 2006, 6:41 AM   #11

Congrats!

I couldn't have done it - no way!

Frank
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:01 PM   #12

And most important of all: carry a spare camera with you, in case you drop your main camera and can't use it anymore. I have done many weddings and found that you must double most of your equipment to be on the safe side: camera, flashgun, batteries, anything that may fail. Because a wedding cannot be repeated (at least not with the same bride/groom ;-)) )!
Yogibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:24 AM   #13

Yogibear wrote:
Quote:
And most important of all: carry a spare camera with you, in case you drop your main camera and can't use it anymore. I have done many weddings and found that you must double most of your equipment to be on the safe side: camera, flashgun, batteries, anything that may fail. Because a wedding cannot be repeated (at least not with the same bride/groom ;-)) )!
Sure, that would help keeping the pulse down, if it something goes wrong. But I can't afford a second set of equipment since I'm still a college student. The solution for me was to simply pay all attention that was possible, to not break or drop anything. And to believe that my camera won't let me down in the middle of the day.
And since I knew, that there was going to be a second dedicated photographer, I was also a bit more confident, that there can't go wrong much. Not counting in the swarms of other snapping people (at least before and after the ceremony, during the ceremony only me and my colleaque were allowed and asked to shoot away).

Anyway, if you can afford having backup equipment, then of course do so!
Leberwurstsaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:40 AM   #14

Leberwurstsaft
thats what photographers earn money for

I was thinking, you are going to look pretty odd purchasing your copy of Bridal Magasine while researching the field.

Riley

Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 9:10 AM   #15

Rriley wrote:
Quote:
Leberwurstsaft
thats what photographers earn money for

I was thinking, you are going to look pretty odd purchasing your copy of Bridal Magasine while researching the field.

Riley
Humm, I didn't get that, sorry. Could you please explain?
What is what photographers earn money for? For more equipment? I don't earn money with my photographs yet. I'm not yet convinced, that I'm good enough to start making money with it.

And the second statement is also not clear to me.
I'm not a native english speaker, normally I don't have big troubles understanding the language, but somehow I lost the thread :?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 9:45 AM   #16

Leberwurststaft
yes, the money is for equipment, second camera and all

the second reference is somewhat more obscure
to research a topic/or field, you might get some magasines that demonstrate how current photographers are working. that is to say, fashion magasines for fashion photography etc. Analyse the photos to see what makes them work, to see why they are good. It just occured to me that there would be few sources of training for wedding photographers

Im sorry if I offended you, its just my perculiar sense of humour

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 5:12 PM   #17

Rriley wrote:
Quote:
Im sorry if I offended you, its just my perculiar sense of humour
First of all, no, I wasn't offended. I just didn't get the point. Now it's clear

And more news: I have put a little gallery of my pictures from the wedding online.
You may view it here: http://www.leberwurstsaft.de/gallery...avId=xf3d081f1

You will have to enter a username ("Benutzername") and a password before you can view them, both of them are just "steves". I hope this is not a problem for you.

Best regards,
Pit
Old Oct 25, 2006, 8:58 PM   #18

A beautiful wedding. Your gallery is very impressive. Well done. I admit to getting a little hungry looking at some of the photos.

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 4:02 AM   #19

Agree with Jerry, great photographs and that spread makes one very hungry....guess it is non fattening

Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:55 AM   #20

Thank you
I can understand you getting hungry, it was indeed kind of a feast :G (especially compared to the everyday-food of a student like me :O)