Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 16, 2006, 2:24 PM   #21

Nice pics.
Have you brought up the brightness in the rocks (#1 ans 3) with Photoshop levels or brightness/contrast ?
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 5:32 PM   #22

Thanks Francesco. Didn't bring the brightness level up as they were taken at midday under a pretty bright sun. Did punch the color level up a bit. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:14 PM   #23

Excellent as normal Jim...Look out Squirl

Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:29 PM   #24

Thank you very much Fred ! Jim
Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:49 AM   #25

Hi Jim

A nice series of shots - no 1 is very good indeed ! There's nothign like that here in the UK ....:shock: :roll:

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:18 AM   #26

HarjTT: As beautifull the Pic is, and you are probably right, you would be hard pressed to find anything like that even in the northern Part of Europe (I guess someone might find sth. similar maybe in Spain, maybe in Greece, Maybe in Sweden, maybe even in Gran Canaria:-), what the pictures can`t convey is the feeling of SPACE! I have been driving around the southern part of the US some years ago, and what blowed me away was that there were spaces were you did only see the road stretching as far as you can see as the sole sign of human settlement _and_nothing_else_! Furthermore, the sound. Just no human sound around! And the fresh smell (in AZ, Los Angeles is a different Story altogether!)! So, I think, as beautifull the pics are, what you feel when you take them is probably even more intense. And Hot! And Dusty! And the rattlesnakes and scorpions...and , well, you get the Picture!

I envy him on that (and still envy you on the black and white escalator pics*G*).

Cheers,
RealMash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:19 AM   #27

Thank you HarjTT. Quess were pretty lucky around these parts as there is no limit to the different forms of scenery! Jim
Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:24 AM   #28

RealMash, Guess I've just taken for granted the feeling of openess and space, especially here in Az, as we have a LOT of open space once you get away from the cities. Regarding the rattlesnakes, they avoid people more than we avoid them! I haven't seen one this year and I hike a LOT. Wish I would as they make for some interesting pictures! :-) Jim
Old Sep 17, 2006, 1:39 PM   #29

Yup, Tiger98, that is probably the essence-we take too much for granted. Where I come from, you`d be happy to walk about three miles and not see a House. But, on the other Hand, the soil is quite poor (mostly sheep farming there before industrial revolution). I take for granted that every meadow should be full of lots of interesting flowers and weeds. On a real good soil you don`t get that. The grass squishes all the rest. So you see, it´s part of where you grow up ;-)

I am still some sort of a farm boy, even when living in the city for 20 years now. People around me confuse me-they neither do have a sense of smell, nor hearing nor view, they seem not to know the specific smell of a snow front coming or the meaning of the weather. It still surprises me after al the years ;-)

On the other Hand, they turn around by the sound of the falling coin a half mile away and spot a sale two citys off, so maybe they are simply better adopted to their surroundings than I am :-)

Cheers,
RealMash

RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 2:06 PM   #30

RealMash, How true ! Very well put. :-) Jim