Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 16, 2006, 8:18 AM   #11

Thanks all the response to these pics seems to be much the same as me, a strange event thats rarley hapens in front of people.

Its such a shame all my pictures did not turn out as I took maybe 100 pictures and this is about all that turned out sadly they were fighting and rolling about all over so quickly that most were far to out of focus to be usefull. The amazing shots that I think would have looked pretty great were very out of focus, still I guess as long as I got this many it was ok.

I had to use the flash and sadly it started to be a big delay between pressing the button and the flash acctually firing off, I guess it heated up

I did try some with no flash for a natural look, but really the action was moving to quick for slow shutter speeds and this is about the only one that looks ok with no flash. The flash was a bit harshe on the images I must say, but it was the only way.

romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 9:07 AM   #12

I am just amazed at this sequence, Romerojpg. Absolutely an amazing capture of nature's battle for survival of the fittess. I am also amazed that you could keep the focus to follow the action. I applaud you.

My hats off to you.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:52 AM   #13

Hi Romero

Thanks for posting a superb series - as rAghu stated "Horribly superb!!" I hadn;t realised how clinical and violent a clash between the two would be - actually I had never thought of the two bugs clashing at all. Wasp's were never really my favorite bugs and now after this series.. I'll be putting them right up on the top of my bugs to swat list!

Cheers

HarjTT

:O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:17 AM   #14

Great series! and great moment captured!
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 1:24 PM   #15

Thanks all will try to find a few more pics that are in focus, most are not, esspecially the begining stinging action where I guess the Wasp stung the fly so it was more dosile, it didnt work very well as the fly never stopped flapping its wings (then wing).
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 3:42 PM   #16

geeeez that fly got his - - - whooped

BTW - great shots!!!
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote