Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:17 PM   #11

Alex, If I understand your question, your saying that in manual mode, using the flash, that when you look thru the EVF it's dark...is that correct? With the FZ30 in the same mode , using flash you can see thru the EVF. This is before the picture is taken and the flash fired. Hope that helps. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:21 AM   #12

My dear Jim,

Yes you comprehend extremely well & cute

As here in my lovely country Israel, Panasonic digitally cameras are a little bit scarce, before I decided to change among the FZ-30 or adding near $:120.00 more tha newer FZ-50, I comprehend that you are an fantastic Lumix FZ- series fan, once you owned a FZ-20, changed to a FZ-30 & change again for the FZ-50...this time with a big dissapoint. Among us my dear Jim, the "test" that you show us...it's to "EXTREME...in a regular basis of prints...such "Hair Un-sharpness"...don't will show. But you decided...& I agree with you 100%:P

I will be extremely pleased, if you can check there in USA for me, the EVF/LCD "Darkness"...with mainly the newer FZ-50...if you can be so kindly with me?. I don't intend to acquire any "Pansonic full Dedicated fash" for the FZ-50...as my use with external flash is extremely rare with me...I will continuing using my "Auto" type old 3 strobes that already I own them.

Thank you so much for your noble effort for me.

Peace,

Alex 007:|

Thank you
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:28 AM   #13

Hi Alex. As to checking that condition on the FZ50, that camera was returned due to poor image quality, however as I stated the FZ30 doesn't have the "darkness" problem. I will keep my eyes open for FZ50 in a store and see if I can find out if it has the same problem as the 20. I would think it wouldn't as it has pretty much the same electronics as the 30 except for the sensor and the venus III engine. There are a couple of guys on the forum who now have the 50, you may want to ask and see if they would check for that condition on their cameras. I've included a link to one of them. Good luck with which ever camera you get! Jim

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:55 AM   #14

Alex 007, I see I mistakenly called you Ariel. My apologies.
Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:00 PM   #15

GO FOR FZ30 INSTEAD .super camera still some around .
brass band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:00 PM   #16

Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:00 PM   #17

Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:13 AM   #18

I luv your leaf shot as well...the lighting is really neat....I am an absolute beginner but I have to day that I luv my FZ30...maybe get that one and use the extra money for filters, tripod, flash, etc.....just a thought!!!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 4:56 PM   #19

Hi; my dear Brass Band,

You post 3 times the same post...OK...now what I think it...i check with the two "Only" photo stores that stock Panasonic FZ-30 & soon the newer FZ-50. They do not accept to take my extremely barely use FZ-20 as part of the price that i will need to buy or the FZ-30 or little more expensive the newer FZ-50, which is very pity for me...so I decided to remain with my FZ-20...which have 2.8 aperture at the whole zoom range, which the FZ-30 or the FZ-50 DON'T.

OK; I agreed that my "mainly" problem with the FZ-20 is that issue when I need to use a external flash. & because I also own a KM-7D DSLR...which DON'T had such darkness problem, together that my "Prime" use of the FZ-20 is outside/ sunlight photos, thanks to all of you for your heart fully advices.

Added an example photo; with my KM 7D DSLR camera.:?

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Sep 22, 2006, 5:51 AM   #20

Hi Jim,

Today I found one of my first flash photo made with my FZ-20, it's my 15 years old dog...,named Bonny!:homey:

With my best wishes,

Peace.

Attached Images