Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 20, 2006, 10:41 AM   #1

I have been having SD card problems practically since I purchased camera. Would have returned the camera it but I was in Europe whenthe problemsstarted. Recently Iactually lost photos (was able to retrieve with purchased Software program). I think it had something to do with numbering. It was a group of photos inbetween two other groups of photos, which makes it really weird. I think it had to do with the numbering system and it had reached 999. And no they weren't in another folder on the card.

Errors include - No Valid Pictures to Display, Memory Card Error. I have Sandisk, Corsair and Kingston cards. So it's not one particular card. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also ran into a numbering problem where it reused numbers it had just used on a few photos.

Since the camera labor is only warrantied for 90 days I am out of luck on that. Camera is 5 months old.

Any thoughts on this or anyone else experiencing problems please let me hear from you.

RBurkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2006, 12:44 PM   #2

IMHO............

First thing to do is format the cards in the camera.......and do not edit with the camera or use the cleanup feature of the camera.......once the pictures are put on a computer delete them from the card.... And see if the problems go away.

And format every once in a while......every 10 transfers or so.

Also use a card reader to transfer photos and not the camera.

A lot of stuff happens when editting, transferring and such with a low battery.

Just my 2 cents and maybe it will help and maybe not.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:56 PM   #3

Burkett, Do everything Gene mentioned in his post and one other thing, reset your numbering in the camera so it's starting over again from 0. You'll find that setting in your menu. (because you stated you thought the numbering was messed up). Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:05 PM   #4

I already do all these things. Have reformatted cards. Don't do anything tricky on the cards, and use card readers to move to computer. But thanks for responding. Think the camera is going to have to go in for repair...ugh....
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:15 PM   #5

Sorry we were no help......maybe someone else will be able to help.

One other thing I saw that caused a few corrupt photos for meon a FZ20 ,was a piece of lint in the card slot.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 6:37 PM   #6

Thanks for that tip, will blow out the card slot, maybe it's something that simple.:idea: