Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 21, 2006, 4:13 AM   #11

Hi Bayourebel!

I liked the Pic, especially the structure of the marble Backdrop did go very well with the ornate Gold/ Brass colored blotter.

On the other Hand, bayourebel: Your dad did neglected his Job.:lol:

Mine told me, that when I had a Woman, that all my D-Marks I brought home would be worth only 50 Pfennige (you can convert that to Dollar and Half Dollar, Euros and 50 cent...). :-)

Seems the same to be true with cameras. I complained to my dad that he didn`t tell me that all the nice plates you order in a Restaurant are only half full, too. ( "What would you like to Order for Supper, Dear?", "Nono, I´m not hungry, maybe a Salad...",and when your food arrives and she is still chewing the cud, you hear "Ahh...well, what you ordered looks mighty good...",. That you can still ignore, eventhough just that selfish behaviour could ruin your eveneing. If she says "Can I try that?" it normally is time to mentally part with half of your food and get the desert menu, to find something to replace the food you`ve lost in an inconspicios way...as long what you order is not attractive to her..just order a bit more, to be on the safe side.). What happens to you is the same-camera wise.

On the other hand, there is a happy message in it. If a woman decides something, she decides that _for_just_that_moment_. So if a woman says no, it means no, for that instance. Respect that, of course. But if the same question is put in a differing surroundings ( and she had half of your steak and you didn`t complain ) the answer might be yes. So in my opinion women´s decisions are not fundamental differing from mens, on average they are even more rational but more situational as well. Ours are much more categorical, but often much flawed by irrational streaks (lens-lust, cars, to name only two that can be named in mixed company), which we can rationalise like hell.

So bayourebel, get another one for you and let her keep the other, then. It simply is cheaper in the long run ;-) And for god´s sake don´t remind her that she didn´t want one in the first playe. Might convert a lot of possibles yesses to no`s ;-)
Espacially the ones when you are intending ro buy a new camera, a new car...you get the picture..

She will keep track of it, nonetheless and not mentioning it counts as much as the camera, women just seem to work in that way.

On the other hand, all I said might be just rubbish, and she might tick completly different. Who am I to judge from this distance? I have not been romantically involved with american women, so they might be completly different in that respect.
But frankly, I would be very surprised if that would be the case ;-)

Keep her clicking,
Cheers,
RealMash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 7:17 AM   #12

Even Jerryshould be speechless with this one!
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 8:14 AM   #13

I've gotten a few stares at work as I sit here with a PC and LCD monitor on my desk, my PDA plugged in next to my scanner "wedge," and I whip out a fountain pen to jot down a note. (My dad got into pen-making as a hobby several years ago and made this one for me.) One of my nieces and I have been writing back and forth for a while now, and it's time-consuming but somehow more satisfying than just shooting her an e-mail.
Attached Images

Tom LaPrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 8:26 AM   #14

Thanks Bootneck for view and commenting.

Thanks RealMash. I believe you have well covered the subject of women the world over. There is no doubt in my mind that they are very much alike the world over. Totally unpredictable. Now getting her this blotter was a winner (for now).

Tom, that is a might pretty looking pen and I know you are very proud of it as you should be. Judy says that writing longhand with a pen makes correspondence much more personal than e-mail. That it conveys not only one's thoughts, but that you are important to them.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:21 AM   #15

Thanks Bayourebel.

It should have occured to me that a southern gentlmen takes it a step further-not trying to win against her, but to win her herself ;-)

And yes, the funny thing is, with women, you can either try to win, which means to loose( especially if you win), or win her, by trying to look for her to win as well.

Oh Boy, seems i have still to learn one or two Million things abourt women;-)

Cheers,
realMash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 1:56 PM   #16

Well Jerry, Looks like we found out where the photographic talent lies in your family! You better hide your FZ30 or she will be showing you how to use that too! :-) Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 3:53 PM   #17

Aaahh, RealMash, it took me many years to learn that to win the moment and daily things of life is to lose, but to lose these things is to win the bigger prize.:GThat which most men seek.

Jim, you surely could not have gone there, now I have to try to keep her off this forum and keep her interested in the fountain pen forum and more fountain pens.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote